Quartz Movements

Hello, a friend's daughter has a Gucci 100l quartz watch  which is running erratically. Inspection of the movement shows the stem removal button  looks a bit damaged, and I can't remove the stem, but it will probably come out with a bit of fiddling (via the arrowed hole?). When the stem is pushed in for normal running it doesn't fully disengage the hands and the watch may or may not run. I don't know much about quartz movements but I see hundreds of them in the Cousins catalogue usually quite cheap. Is there a system of reference that allows a movement to be replaced by a new one of the same size, hand fitting etc? The movement may be a YA100503 as this is quoted for similar Gucci watches.Photo of the movement attched, I can't see any numbers.

post-1266-0-70123200-1455705922_thumb.jp

spot on, well deduced.  Its not the original stem and only holding on 3 turns to the crown when properly adjusted for depth, now held with Loctite. There was a lot of "felt" around the tube also stopping the stem pushing home.

Looking at my fuzzy photo I had a better look with a microscope and found Ronda and 1032, this movement is currently listed by Cousins for about £12 (less vat & pp), might be cheaper to buy one rather than replace the stem! Makes you think about "designer" watch prices and what's inside them.

I'm still interested in the interchangability of quartz movements, are the Chinese ones copies of Swiss types or are they all different?