1957 Bulova

ramrod

here's one that just came in the mail a couple of hours ago. i got this on fleabay as an afterthought. after i bid on it, i realized it was too small (as fifties watches usually are). anyway, the red second hand kind of drew me in. and the dial has a cool texture on it. the case is toast as is the crown. i would love to find a stainless steel case that would fit this.

the movement is spectacularly clean, but i'm sure it has never been serviced. it doesn't run. the balance turns, but the hands don't move. it was wound up tight when i got it, so i released the power in the barrel.

so i took off the back and notice what it says inside of the caseback. i'd like to know the story behind it - why was it even mentioned that this was sold in the U.S Zone?

post-836-0-89961800-1455682672.jpg

post-836-0-30752200-1455682693.jpg

post-836-0-85063200-1455682710_thumb.jpg

post-836-0-72153900-1455682734.jpg

Something sold/marketed to soldiers? I have seen a ton of these old 'bullys', mfg between 1948-1957, according to mybulova.com. black dial/red sweep also suggest military. (just guessing)If you need any parts interchangeable, I have Bulova book.