This is my first post and I have been lurking for a few weeks checking the forums and watching those excellent videos, I have just taken apart my first watch and am stuck with putting it back together, but I am giving it a go until I no longer have a clue how to do it then I shall ask in the forum.

I love this site as its full of interesting topics and people who like me have an interest in watches, I don't have any expensive watches as yet but I have bought one or two from boot sales that might prove interesting, 2 Claude Valintinis', which I think are the real deal but will have to check them out, a couple of Ingersols', Sekondas' and then some cheap and nasties.

Well hope to get to know one or two of you soon, thanks for running a great forum.

David.post-121-0-63192500-1397338421_thumb.jpgpost-121-0-65375600-1397338437_thumb.jpgpost-121-0-15323100-1397338449_thumb.jpgpost-121-0-84541700-1397338470_thumb.jpgpost-121-0-13396600-1397338494_thumb.jpg

Hi David - welcome to the Forum! I have an interest in tinkering and watch mechanisms in general and have found this forum absolutely fascinating. Good luck with putting your watch back together... :thumbsd:

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums David,  watches are fascinating and you can never have too many,  or so they tell me.  :thumbsu:  There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the forums,  so any questions you have should get an answer.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TonyC
      Hi. My name is Tony. I'm from New Jersey, in the United States. I have a modest entry level collection of quartz and mechanical watches.
           I enjoy repairing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment. I want to learn how to maintain and repair a wide variety of watches.
           I'm looking forward to learning about watch repair and making Friends in this forum.
    • By kma2018
      I'm happy to finally start posting on this terrific watch repair community forum. I've been a member for almost a year, but have been mostly searching the forum for asked and answered questions that might help me with my novice watch repair techniques. I'm a vintage watch enthusiast with a special love of Timex watches from the 1950s  through the 1970s. I developed an interest in watches about 4 years ago when I rediscovered two mechanical watches (a vintage Longines and a Seiko 5) that my father had left in a desk drawer years ago before he passed. Amazingly, both ran in spite of never having been serviced! I was hooked and began my own mechanical watch journey. I'm looking forward to learning more from this wonderful community.
    • By alanbid
      Hi,
      New to this, but have always enjoyed watches, but now getting more involved with easy repairs..
      Thanks for having me,
      Alan
    • By JCStuyck
      Hello everyone,
      I am french, 64 years old , retired and  leave in Indonesia .
      I always had a passion for watches and start collecting them 40 years ago. 
      I must say that After a very active life I am getting bored and decided to spend time with my passion.
      I am sure I will be communicating with many of you in a near futur.
      Good day to all of you.
      J-C
    • By bangy55
      Greetings, fellow horology lovers! My name is Chris. I live in central Florida in the US. I only finished Mark's online course about a month ago and find myself obsessed with watches. It seems to creep up on you unawares. This is my first post though I've been a patron for a couple weeks or so. I've been busy online watching Mark's videos and buying every watchmaker's tool that comes to mind. My wife's gonna kill me when she see's our next credit card invoice. I'm a 63-year-old roofer who has always suffered from shaky hands. What better hobby could I have gotten into? Aside from surfing when I was in my 20s, this is my first hobby ever. I recently won a bid on eBay of some poor soul's tools left behind and I have three that I have no real idea what they are. I thought it might be fun to upload a photo and see if you guys could help a noob out. If anyone wants to see more or closer shots, just let me know. Thanks