My Newly Restored Vintage Rolex

pgse14

It could be a restored dial (3rd party, crown looks like is riding too high too, markers out of proportion maybe) and an aftermarket band/buckle...In any case, it doesn't really look the part, like something is not quite Rolex...but I've seen old name brands that originally were kind of less refined than today's versions. Maybe this is a compounded case of aftermarket/refurbish/refinish and old stuff together...Not a happy combination. But IF it is a Rolex it is a Rolex. I personally don't like the combination of this one but it is just my taste, maybe with a better, more defined/detailed picture...It would be great if we could see what is inside.

Cheers,

Bob

pgse14, just take the back off and post a picture of the movement.

That should give these guys something to go on. At the moment they are just looking at the watch  face and giving honest opinions as to what they see that they think looks wrong.

Surely you want to know for sure ? I know I do.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

Maybe it's a "Frankenwatch" which has been restored with other bits and pieces but it still has a genuine Rolex movement.  A picture of the movement would be helpful but pgse14, no one is forcing you to do anything...they're all curious and I must admit that I am too, because the general features of the watch dial and case look a little rough around the edges for a Rolex...but, hey, we could all be wrong.  Wouldn't you like to have the movement verified?

I think you might want to re-read Alaskamick's first comment in this thread...very reasonable advice, IMHO.  :)

Edited by stroppy
  • Like 3

It is real and clockboy all of you on here I dont have to prove its authenticity to any of you so yall have a nice day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

No one said you have to do anything but if you post a picture of a watch and one of the many professionals on the site here spot something incongruous then of course, out of courtesy, they are going to give you a heads-up as to what they think.

Look at it this way...if you you went to the doctor with a lump on your skin and he tells you it's possibly something nasty then you don't ignore him and just go on believing it's a rogue pimple...you investigate.  

You put the picture up and trained eyes have spotted some things which don't seem right.  They aren't ridiculing you...they're trying to help you.

Edited by stroppy
  • Like 3

Yea I understand and I appreciate it and thanks for the critiques

Please post a picture of the movement. This way you will be able to back your statements and give other a chance to learn and apologize. You should not really have a problem doing that with an authentic watch.

• Like 1

36696b702f22ec93707f279ebf9ff86e.jpg

490546cade0a96835150d79a9380b58f.jpg

af09e6b87fc3a95b90bc84e523cb2803.jpg

87f807de285e67428454b22ae0559e10.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Apologies. It,s a real strange one for sure. It intrigues me why the original bezel has been changed & a leather strap has been fitted. However the movement looks genuine just a pity about the bezel. Once again apologies no offence intended.

• Like 2