Hi Guys,

A mere novice in this mad subject! Just a quick hello and warning to expect some really stupid question from yours truly.

May I enquire as whether anyone knows a site in which an explanation is given for each part of a watch.

Just would like to broaden my knowledge and understanding.

Many Thanks

Budsy

Welcome to the forum Budsy. As a member here said: "the only stupid question is the one that was never asked" So, please, ask away. Be warned, my rate is as follows: US$5 of good answers, US$4 for not-very-good answers and the bad ones are free! :) [just in case, this is a joke except the welcoming part which I really mean]

As for the answer to your question, there are many videos by Mark our host, youtube ones by other people (most not as good) and on-line classes -- such as the timezone and the free Seiko 7S26 ones among others -- but the best thing is to get the book "Practical Watch Repair" by De Carle available for free in pdf...there are other excellent books on the subject but not free or in pdf.. OK, now you can deposit your US$5 in my bank account, I'll give you a US$1 credit if another member has a better answer!! :)

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1