stroppy

Aldi Brand Watches (Kripple Co. "ascot" And "sempre")

8 hours ago, stroppy said:

P.S.  Sorry I have not been around much of late.  My own vascular movement decided to give up the ghost, almost terminating me (fortunately there were people around when it happened otherwise I'd be on a slab right now, or worse!).  I am recovering but it's taking time.

Really sorry to hear about your pump problems, :(  but really pleased to hear that you're on the mend. :)

Sorry to hear about this. My dad had a stroke last year and now I'm paranoid at every twinge in that vicinity. Getting fitted up with a 24hour monitor in a few days.

Good to hear you are getting through it. Stay well my friend.

Thanks for all the kind wishes...warms my (slightly faulty) heart.  All this just reinforces my very high opinion of everyone in this forum.  All great people and the friendliest forum on the Net.

Roberto... If your family has a heart problem history then getting your own ticker checked out is a good idea.  The 24 hour monitor will show up stuff normal ECGs often miss, being that they are only a sample taken over the course of a minute.  In my case I was just plain dumb and pig-headed ... a typical Aussie bloke.  I have had symptoms for the last three years which I ignored because they would often go away of their own accord.  So being a typical Aussie bloke I thought, "She'll be right...no worries...just keep on keeping on."  Yeah, sure!  

I was VERY lucky.  I had just dropped my dog off at the Vet for her regular physio treatment (following her ACL surgery) and the attack happened while I was at the reception desk!  The vet receptionist and nurses freaked out and the vet came racing out to put me into the recovery position whilst an ambulance was called.  Anyway...it all ended okay.  The ambulance arrived within five minutes...they stabilised the heart and took me off to hospital.  I was more worried about my dog and who would look after her.  As it turned out, I needn't have worried...the vet looked after her for the two weeks I was in hospital and didn't charge me a cent for kennelling her being that all the nurses and the vet really love my dog.  How good was that...what wonderful people!

Roberto...be mindful of any symptoms and always see a doctor...don't follow my silly "ignore" lead.  In my case there was NO pain.  I just couldn't breathe and then I blacked out.  Spooky! 

39 minutes ago, WileyDave said:

Wish you well, Stroppy! Your contributions to this site helps to make it what it is:thumbsu:

Thanks my friend but it's all of you guys that make this place top notch.  There is no finer forum on the Net.

Yep the two main things a man nearing middle age should have checked I think is his heart and Prostate the heart bits simple the prostate requires a minutes discomfort but in my opinion a must. I really don't understand why anyone would put of having it checked when the alternative is a slow and painful death.

I bought an Ascot watch with altimeter from an Aldi store in Sydney for about $60 around 2005.  In April 2007 my watchband broke so l emailed Kripple in Austria asking whether they could send me a new band and l would pay with Visa.  Instead they sent me a new watch, arriving about 4 days later!!! ..... including about $40 in stamps.  Amazing service!  The display on this watch is now failing so it has lasted nearly 10 years!

Best wishes Stroppy.....I had several Ascots from the Aldi and also some Auriol from the Lidl before I got the fever for the better mechanical watches. They are quite good for the price. Very simple watches form China, some of them with Japanese mvts. Ascot has some very nice models to start your collection with and the service is 100%.

Some companies really do try to give customer service which clearly is the case here. However some do not for instance I wrote to Bergeon recently with an inquiry and did not even receive an acknowledgment and also no reply.

Really annoying considering their price structure.

On 17 December 2016 at 8:08 AM, clockboy said:

Some companies really do try to give customer service which clearly is the case here. However some do not for instance I wrote to Bergeon recently with an inquiry and did not even receive an acknowledgment and also no reply.

Really annoying considering their price structure.

Sometimes the same companies can give good service as well. I bought a Bergeon tool from a reseller last year that had parts missing. The company (no, not Cousins ;), a German one) were extremely unhelpful, basically refused to do anything about it. I contacted Bergeon who immediately sent me the missing parts with an apology.

It would have cost me a fair bit to buy them so I was obviously pleased. it's a shame some companies aren't more consistent with their customer service, but I have noticed a tendency for email requests to be ignored - filtered out as spam maybe? The same has happened with me with queries to Sherline and Foredom, both companies with normally decent customer service.

Stephen

I bought 2 Sempre Colour Watches for AUD8 from ALDI about 18 months ago. They are produced by Krippl Watches, manufactured in China and they have Japanese movements. They have both kept good time since I've owned them. I just changed the battery today which was a simple process. I flicked off the rear cover with a flat tip screw driver and replaced the 1.55V button cell, type SR626SW battery with a new one, clipped the rear cover back on and it started straight up again. Here's hoping for another 18 months of keeping good time.

http://www.krippl-watches.de/produktservice/20037819/2016/BA.pdf

https://www.krippl-watches.com/en/

Sempre_watch_by_Keppl_for_ALDI_BA.pdf