Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

After I got my Elgin 313 running today, I watched Stian restore an oil-drenched Soviet Pobeda Zim. I found one similar (in stainless or nickel plate) on eBay and it's on its way. The one shown is the one Stian worked on. Simple three-hand movement. First one I've purchased to work on actually in a case...  🙂 

Pobeda Zim 2602.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grsnovi said:

After I got my Elgin 313 running today, I watched Stian restore an oil-drenched Soviet Pobeda Zim. I found one similar (in stainless or nickel plate) on eBay and it's on its way. The one shown is the one Stian worked on. Simple three-hand movement. First one I've purchased to work on actually in a case...  🙂 

Pobeda Zim 2602.jpg

Good deal Gary ? You tackling the Elgin lack of power transfer today ?

AsPurchasedSmallFront3-l1600.thumb.jpg.876be9325d7a227fab9235ef88332ec3.jpg

To answer the question "How much pocket watch can you get for 99 pence?" (plus shipping obviously), I picked this up.

I think the answer is "Nearly a whole one."

It claims to be "15 Jewel" and "Swiss" and it obviously needs some work (and a stem tube, stem, crystal and crown at the very least). Good job I lie a challenge, I guess. 🙄

Here are a couple more pictures of the mystery pocket watch

AsPurchasedSmallCase-l1600.jpg

AsPurchasedSmallFront2-l1600.jpg

AsPurchasedSmallFront-l1600.jpg

Sadly this last one is the only picture of the 15 jewel Swiss movement, so it remains a mystery what exactly I have picked up for my 99p.

9 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Soviet Pobeda Zim

@grsnovi Here is a little history and info for that USSR watch maker-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pobeda_(watch)
It probably as this inside -> http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Pobjeda

More info here -> https://17jewels.info/movements/z/zim/zim-2602/

I've a bit of a soft spot for USSR era mechanicals (and Indian  HMT mechanicals too). They are generally easy to work on, although the quality is a little variable to say the least.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 11:00 PM, grsnovi said:

Soviet Pobeda Zim

I gave up on this one. I didn't notice that the seller was in Ukraine when I made the purchase and the watch doesn't appear to have left Ukraine. I'm guessing it isn't going to. It would have been a nice addition.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have another Buren Grand Prix coming. Hopefully the keyless works is the same as the one I had previously started on. The movement appears to be the same size. I'll do a better inspection of this one once it arrives and I'll also take a good look at the pallet and balance on the one I already cleaned (since I seem to be destroying parts during cleaning). My microscope is supposed to arrive tomorrow. We'll see.

try-again.png

9 hours ago, gbyleveldt said:

I need help…

Working on all of those watches? 🙂 

7 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

£2.20 so I don't care if it is rubbish

I wish my recent purchases were for that amount...   🙂 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I'll let you know it it was worth it. 

Of course it was worth it matey .2 quid 20   Half a Costa coffee against hours of frustration and anguish. You know you've made the right choice, what else would you be doing on a lazy Sunday afternoon. 😊 . No time to worry now.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

5 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Of course it was worth it matey .2 quid 20   Half a Costa coffee against hours of frustration and anguish. You know you've made the right choice, what else would you be doing on a lazy Sunday afternoon. 😊 . No time to worry now.

If nothing else, it will be good practice trying to get the case back to so form of decency. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 9:12 PM, grsnovi said:

I gave up on this one. I didn't notice that the seller was in Ukraine when I made the purchase and the watch doesn't appear to have left Ukraine. I'm guessing it isn't going to. It would have been a nice addition.

I'm shocked! The Pobeda showed up today! 🙂 

pobeda.jpg

• Like 3