Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

2 hours ago, Endeavor said:

The 3133 is an excellent chronograph introduction and I for one am trilled to see your progress ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

And rest assured, you've got it for a bargain too !

I work a bit with chronographs and think both of these cousines are quite nice cam operated movements, the 3133 still has much of the original 7434 (7433) left in the design.ย 
There is a nice article written of their history so I will not be a parrot here but just put the link here. Think one could begin whith this ..
https://wornandwound.com/chronography-13-the-important-history-of-the-valjoux-7730-a-classic-mid-century-movement/

and continue forward (backwards on the page) to continue with their autowound bigger brother..
https://wornandwound.com/chronography-5-the-valjoux-7750/

Nice watches both of them and a very good price there Endeavor.

• Thanks 1

@HSL; Thank you for the links ๐Ÿ‘

Reading the articles, can you imagine how proud I'm on this NOS mid-1970's (40mm) housing with a 17-jewels (as they were at the time) 7750 ?

IMG_1147.thumb.JPG.04eed47b090f7f2a7ab890649de83dac.JPG

and yes, the 3133 (in my eyes an improved 7734) is (still) money-wise an amazing bang-for-buck.

Once @VWatchie has done his first chronograph, I'm pretty sure he too is hooked on chronographs. I could eat soup of them, but my budget restricts me ....... hence I'm only looking for "sleepers"ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

I for sure will support VWatchie to overcome his chronograph-"fears" ๐Ÿ˜‚. I think he's now ready for the challenge / task ..... ๐Ÿค—

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Endeavor said:

Reading the articles, can you imagine how proud I'm on this NOS mid-1970's (40mm) housing with a 17-jewels (as they were at the time) 7750 ?

Must say that one is a whooper example of a 70โ€™s 7750.
Iโ€™m sure he will get exited stepping up the next level, I think somewhere I have not only a 70โ€™s Breitling 7750 movement but also a 90โ€™s 7750 ย which @VWatchieย could practice on ๐Ÿ˜‰, but I donโ€™t want to meat his wife after this plot fallen into place..

• Haha 2

Well guys,ย @Endeavorย and @HSL, I almost feel a bit embarrassed by the attention and your support, but it's heartfelt appreciated and has been instrumental for my progress!ย You have both been extremely helpful and supportive in the past and having you,ย micro mechanical gurus, "looking over my shoulder" I'm sure I'll be able to conquer a chronograph in the end as well.

Thought I was going to receive my Poljot 3133 Junkers today, but it turned out to be another delivery from Germany but for my daughter. Oh well, when you're into watches there's always something else to do and to learn. Right now I'm doing a Miyota 9015 which is definitively inspired by the Swiss/ETA (cannon pinion with driving wheel and intermediate wheel, etc).

• Like 2

Seeing a (in his own mirror) "none-technical" guy to excel himself commands respect from even the most experienced technical engineer. Chapeau to your progress and, with your current experiences, conquering a 3133 chronograph will be a breeze !

Keep an eye on you daughter, she may surpass you !ย  ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by Endeavor
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The dial isย shot on the black one, unfortunately (looks like electrolyte from a leaking battery).

Luckily, the gold dial and hands on my parts watch were pristine (and same year, Electronic,ย West Germany), so they were placed on the fully serviced movement. I think the gold looks amazing in the silver case. Iโ€™ll have to get a better picture in the daylight. Oh, yeah...crystal wet sanded and polished, too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

B09C9A3F-807D-4490-B758-67B4466D6585.jpeg

• Like 1

A Slava 21 jewel 2414 - ะŸะตั€ะตัั‚ั€ะพะนะบะฐ (Perestroika) mechanical.ย 

708734749_AsPurchased.thumb.jpg.9e07bc4130097eac2df20f67cc1d1115.jpg

It is missing its case back, and the price puts it just outside the 404 club rules, but I could resist.ย  I should have a suitable case back and spares to repair it.

ะŸะตั€ะตัั‚ั€ะพะนะบะฐAsPurchasedRear.jpg

• Like 1

.. and some more USSR technology.

An ะญะปะตะบั‚ั€ะพะฝะธะบะฐ 5 (Elektronika 5 LCD Quartz) - from most probably Belarus at the "Integral" factory.
It has signs of wear but it is in original ะญะปะตะบั‚ั€ะพะฝะธะบะฐ 5 plastic case.

As-Purchased-1600.thumb.jpg.d9590e55e8e34ece17af1974d1cba26f.jpg

Also just outside the rules of the 404 club too.

ย 

Edited by AndyHull

AsPurchased-l1600.thumb.jpg.518b779733e4834532e3b1e793074ac5.jpg

I went looking for a balance from a cheap "Mumbia Special" franken HMT (0231 or 1802 based) Pilot or similar to put in a Caravelle.

The Caravelle has an almost identical Bulova 11DP (Citizen 0241), another licensed Citizen movement in it and the original Bulova balance had a very nasty case of hairspring salad that I eventually admitted defeat with.ย  I got it running, but I wasn't happy with it.

I didn't find what I was looking for but I couldn't resist this HMT 6501 (Citizen 6501) Rajat for pocket money prices instead.

The last "fully serviced" HMT I got from India had half a field of potatoes in it, so I'm not expecting perfection with this one either, but you never know, there are some good watch repairers in India too, so I might be pleasantly surprised. The picture does suggest it has a slightly lazy day disk though and this is almost certainly caused by dirt rather than wear. Time will tell. I'll keep you all posted when it arrives.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 2

A Sekonda (Molnija 3602) Grouse Pocket Watch heading hopefully to the 404 club.ย 

ย 

MolnijaGrousePW.thumb.jpg.bb5246520fa89272a61b92e50ccfc58c.jpg

ย 

MolnijaGrousePWRear.thumb.jpg.c75250db41b7ae0e3a05fc095700f9ac.jpg

I have bid on a couple of these recently but they went for way more than the club rule allow, however this one is a little bit scruffy. It was in a bundle with a Rotary Gents and a Seiko ladies quartz, all three for around three quid each, including shipping, so they all qualify (assuming I can save any of them).

ย 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AsPurchased-l1600.thumb.jpg.0eda8ac80de81cffd9480189457f3b5b.jpg

A couple of basket case Timexes on their way.

They are both missing their second hands, crystals and case backs, and one is missing its stem, but that was obviously reflected in the cost.

I was struck by the square blue and white numerals of the one on the left, so I thought they were worth the very low asking price. Lets see if I can clean them up and get them back to their 1970s glory.

• Like 1

ย 

Unknown "spares or repair" LED gents watch.

LED watches can be a bit of a lottery.

The primary thing that kills them are leaked batteries, but often they can be recovered with a bit of microsurgery. Lets see if that is the case here, or if I have just bought a paper weight.

AsPurchased-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for a used Sinn 856 B-Uhrย limited edition complete set (856 copies, of course). I never really liked these vintage looking pilot watches, but when I saw this one something happened inside me and I just had to haveย it. Here's a rather nice Worn & Wound review of it.

I thought I'd never buy a watch costing me more than a few hundred $ (95 % of my watches cost < $50). I've always been impressed by German watchmaking where focus traditionally is on function, yielding the aesthetics. Complicated watches in precious metals withย tourbillons and the like never really got me going (maybe some day). I think a good chronograph with a day and date complication is as complicated as I'd ever want a watch to be (but I still need to learn how to service one).

My impression is that these Sinn watches are very popular and can't be bought for a bargain anywhere. My used copy is from a German eBay/Chrono24 seller with excellent feedback but I still managed to negotiate it down to 36 % below Sinn's list price.ย The catch being that the seller is on holiday and won't be able to ship it before October 4th. Maybe he was in need of some extra and quick money for his holiday. Anyway, the seller assures me it's "like new", but I would expect it to be from 2016 (the release year) and in need of a service. I look forward to taking it apart (Sellita SW300-1).

Can't wait for it...

image.thumb.png.ca7b3946770aa647ce7ef08092c56a9d.png

• Like 1

AsPurchased-l1600.thumb.jpg.3ca5abfdf7caf76e092d280b23640700.jpg

A Raketaย  CCCP mystery watch - possibly a 2609HA - The Dial reads CCCP - ะณะปะฐัะฝะพัั‚ัŒ
This translates to USSR - Glasnost.

The crystal looks cracked, and it is missing its crown, and possibly its stem, but hopefully I have suitable replacements.

RaketaExample.jpeg.deb366291cd29bc9a94d1805bbc23e96.jpeg

It should look a bit like this. It should also make a fine 404 club member and a good companion piece for the Slava 21 jewel 2414 - ะŸะตั€ะตัั‚ั€ะพะนะบะฐ (Perestroika) mechanical above.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 2

Hi everyone,

Im new here Just get back into pocket watches after selling out 5yrs ago.

Acquired this nice RR watch a week ago, it is now getting a full cleaning, oil, adjust service in NYC...likely another week till I get this beauty home.

23J Illinois Bunn Special

Illinois 18-size 23-jewel Bunn Special w/ DS Montgomery dial. 1913 date

25- year,Gold-filled Keystone re-case, glass crystal.

i am now retired and dabbling with Idea of online watch repair training...really to the basic tear down Cleaning adjust, replace spring level.

51190834124_2d660f51d1_o.jpg

51190834139_c700689681_o.jpg

51190065596_8918f3c5b6_o.jpg

• Like 3