Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

6 hours ago, AndyHull said:

AsPurchased2.jpg.0b3df879c9056620255c7e980f6b5a65.jpg

I present to you...  The Mona Lisa... It is a mechanical hand wind... It waves... It is almost certainly a Chinese movement like Chairman Mao. It is the most appalling piece of tat...  terrible... I love it. 

Surprisingly?! I was the only bidder. I've just spent more than I paid for it on a coffee in the local supermarket.

If you think this is kitsch, check out the link below.

https://publicdelivery.org/fernando-botero-mona-lisa/

The stuff of nightmares. :D

Reminds me of a Richard Nixon..I am not a crook watch I once had.the eyes shifted  back and forth.

To continue down the Timex Quartz rabbit hole, I just acquired 2 more vintage models. The black dial one is nearly identical to one that @JohnD has. This one came up at a reasonable price, so I jumped. The white dial watch has similar styling to the black one and naturally caught my eye. It's very clean and is swiftly headed my way.

This watch is not gold toned, it's just the potato camera again! It's actually 2 toned.

777477863_s-l1600(25).thumb.jpg.641453d40bb6adb0452873d609b2f7ff.jpg

The cleanliness of this watch is promising.

1351284122_s-l1600(26).thumb.jpg.ff7ac934624bc83b6e81be22c3186b00.jpg

2 hours ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

To continue down the Timex Quartz rabbit hole, I just acquired 2 more vintage models. The black dial one is nearly identical to one that @JohnD has. This one came up at a reasonable price, so I jumped. The white dial watch has similar styling to the black one and naturally caught my eye. It's very clean and is swiftly headed my way.

This watch is not gold toned, it's just the potato camera again! It's actually 2 toned.

777477863_s-l1600(25).thumb.jpg.641453d40bb6adb0452873d609b2f7ff.jpg

The cleanliness of this watch is promising.

1351284122_s-l1600(26).thumb.jpg.ff7ac934624bc83b6e81be22c3186b00.jpg

My black one is also 'two tone' in that the hands, dial indices, crown and bezel are all gold but the case is chromed....

luT8tY7.jpg

But of course yours has an English day wheel, while mine is German.....

9 minutes ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

True, we can't all be that cool! :D

True :biggrin:, a non English day wheel on these early Timex watches does seem a 'bit' rare..........:woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Just realised that you haven't actually received your one yet and 'FRI' could be either English or German.........You might be 'that cool' yet...:D

Edited by JohnD

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

True :biggrin:, a non English day wheel on these early Timex watches does seem a 'bit' rare..........:woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Just realised that you haven't actually received your one yet and 'FRI' could be either English or German.........You might be 'that cool' yet...:D

Fingers crossed! Lol

On 2/25/2020 at 4:29 PM, JohnD said:

My black one is also 'two tone' in that the hands, dial indices, crown and bezel are all gold but the case is chromed....

luT8tY7.jpg

But of course yours has an English day wheel, while mine is German.....

It arrived, but sadly, the day wheel is English. On the bright side, it does come with the original band! :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

20200227_055910.thumb.jpg.2c89ec930d90913d5267fd4cfc3ee2b9.jpg

Another local online auction.  The Seiko was $14. The other 5 were $13. The second hand had fallen off the Boulevard Stop watch.  The stop watch function does not seam to work 100% so in the pile until I have a bit more experience. Being in Milwaukee it will be easy to give the Packers watch away.

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

On 2/27/2020 at 11:48 AM, FLwatchguy73 said:

Picked up a vintage triple lot last night. A chunky Timex SSQ Quartz LCD, a Texas Instruments LCD and an electronic Sheffield based on the Jungans. Hopefully I can get them working. I'm particularly interested in the Sheffield as the watch was recently discussed here

20200227_064649.thumb.jpg.4a7e02a1ee79e4c2f2dbc79786d2260f.jpg

WOO HOO!!- I live in Sheffield!! :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

I have this Vostok true 24 hour new old stock manual wind coming next week!

The owner of 'The Watch Forum' found four, Tested them and they were fine so he offered them for sale but only one per member, I looked in the sales forum at exactly the right time!

It was only £25 posted!, It's 44mm across and has a screw down crown and come on the bracelet- The bezel actually rotates too!

DKVFvCE.jpg

John :thumbsu:

• Like 2

s-l1600.jpg

A couple of Timex mechanicals, possibly donor material, depending on the condition of those dials. An Ingersoll Triumph, and an Ingersoll 17 jewel Amida 562 (according to the sticker on the back, which also claims it is dunning, but I'll take both with a pinch of salt).

The whole job lot qualifies for the 404 club, or if you prefer a more accurate figure 0.92p each, plus shipping.

s-l1600.jpg

Also on its way, and also a 404 club candidate is this fine little Timex Big Q.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

s-l1600.jpg

A couple of Timex mechanicals, possibly donor material, depending on the condition of those dials. An Ingersoll Triumph, and an Ingersoll 17 jewel Amida 562 (according to the sticker on the back, which also claims it is dunning, but I'll take both with a pinch of salt).

The whole job lot qualifies for the 404 club, or if you prefer a more accurate figure 0.92p each, plus shipping.

s-l1600.jpg

Also on its way, and also a 404 club candidate is this fine little Timex Big Q.

If that's a '404 Club' candidate, what is this one that I got a couple of weeks ago for £0.02, yes that's right two pence....:D

gO6oV5D.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, JohnD said:

If that's a '404 Club' candidate, what is this one that I got a couple of weeks ago for £0.02, yes that's right two pence....

Maybe we need a 007 club for those real bargains, seven pence and under. I think the best bargain item (not including postage) I have managed to score on ebay was still some way north of 10 pence, so I'll need to up my game a bit.

That is a nice little Timex,  a model 41 from 1971. Well worth 2p of anybodies money. :D

11 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

Maybe we need a 007 club for those real bargains, seven pence and under. I think the best bargain item (not including postage) I have managed to score on ebay was still some way north of 10 pence, so I'll need to up my game a bit.

That is a nice little Timex,  a model 41 from 1971. Well worth 2p of anybodies money. :D

In it's restored splender, running very nicely, on a  'Condor', flexi bracelet from the period.....B)

g0gFYRX.jpg

Only downside is the bloody enormous seconds hand!:thumbsd:

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 1