Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

2 hours ago, martygene said:

I found this on one of my vintage watch Facebook pages. Probably have to wait for ten days or so as I'm in the US and it's coming from the UK. That dial is amazing. I also love the gold hands and numbers with a silver case. I'm 73 and SHOULD stop collecting and start selling my collection as my daughter wants so that she doesn't have to deal with it but being addicted and all I can't stop.  Lol.. Plus I have many watches in a drawer in my watch work bench to be serviced. 

front.jpg

movement.jpg

Do you know what size this watch Is? If it is a 12s, it can be made to fit in a wristwatch case  if you're not big on pocket watches. 

6 hours ago, yankeedog said:

Bierina ? Sounds  like a franco english word telling  me the the designer  had one too many.

Or they wanted to sound a bit like Biel/Bienne? Fact is, there in Hong Kong they also shown respect to Seiko.

i589620486.jpg

• Like 1

Another 'job lot' here, coming soon. Bought primarily for the Timex M84 Electric...

X49b1ss.jpg

5UuRROR.jpg

Never seen one with so little written on the stainless back, or with a knurled battery hatch before...?

The Avia might be interesting as well........

• Like 3

3 hours ago, yankeedog said:

One wonders  of the factions of pennies saved per  jewel. Running  well  enough  for  a fifty year  old throw away.

I've been puzzling over that too. You would think that maintaining a tooling and parts inventory for the different versions might cost more than the amount saved by skipping those jewels. Apparently the bean counters though otherwise, judging by the number of manufacturers who did this.

Makes as much sense as  anything else..what could  the  cost difference  have been between  17 jewels  and 7? When  every other  facet of manufacturing  would have been  the same? Was there  an advantage  other  than price? Is a 7 jewel watch less fragile  perhaps?did 17 jewel watches have a higher  rejection  rate off the assembly  line? There  has to be a reason. 

AsPurchased2.jpg.0b3df879c9056620255c7e980f6b5a65.jpg

I present to you...  The Mona Lisa... It is a mechanical hand wind... It waves... It is almost certainly a Chinese movement like Chairman Mao. It is the most appalling piece of tat...  terrible... I love it. 

Surprisingly?! I was the only bidder. I've just spent more than I paid for it on a coffee in the local supermarket.

If you think this is kitsch, check out the link below.

https://publicdelivery.org/fernando-botero-mona-lisa/

The stuff of nightmares. :D

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.