Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

s-l1600.jpg

Winning bid:  £2.78 - Dundee's finest, in need of a good wash. If I can't save that dial, at least the crown and hands will be useful. Bragging rights go to whoever guesses the year (but you will need to wait till I get back and it makes it on to the work bench).
Edited by AndyHull

Unknown.thumb.png.ba8031e5902b285ca26f85792382f657.png

Finest Minsk quirky Quartz.

LuchLogo1.png.b783d75382302224898fe451af43f10d.png

A Luch of uncertain vintage. It may be sufficiently recent to have a 1656M (Miyota) in it.. but for 0.99p for the job lot, I'm not too worried, so long as it doesn't have an exploded el-cheapo battery etched into the works. There is a bonus pile of other junk with it, none of them particularly interesting,  but it was the dial on this thing that caught my eye.

Seven watches for less than a quid, including this one, what's not to like?

Picked up this Delbana 17 jewel Incabloc recently for next to nothing. 

rdksVty.jpg

That's not a good sign...

w5RmlhC.jpg

Well, there's your problem...

RcL43HT.jpg

A donor mainspring and a good bath and now it's keeping good time and awaiting a new crystal and bands. I may have to do some research here on restoring hands as the luminous paint is long gone from these and the second hand was originally bright red.

CQCxygf.jpg

• Like 1

AS 1187/94. Main spring breakage is pretty common.They usually respond well to cleaning and run well if not excessively worn.Most like your watch have in no way been pampered.I think a lot of them were sold to young military men,and naval forces as well because judging from the wavy timegrapher traces on a couple mine , they were obviously calibrated to run at sea. I can't resist them either !

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, FLwatchguy73 said:

That one could qualify as my birth year watch. I wonder if these were sold in scouting catalogs.

Certain department stores had a scouting section back then. I remember My mother taking me to JC PENNEY to get "official" scouting gear.But I am dating myself, that was back in the day when  being trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient,cheerful, thrifty,brave,clean and reverent were good things. Mom would not buy me the watch , I already had a timex. Don't remember what happened to it.A marlin as I remember.

Edited by yankeedog

1 hour ago, luiazazrambo said:

What happened to your locomotive watch? Have you got it? I am excited.

Sorry, you will need to contain your excitement for the time being, I'm away on holiday, wont be back for a few weeks.
I'll post pictures as soon as I get it on the bench. :biggrin:

s-l1600.jpg

I blew the budget for this one, but since postage was free, I only blew it by a few pennies (I allow up to £4 postage normally, anything more than that is taking the mickey, unless it is coming from outside the UK).
A non runner (apparently) for spares or repair. I couldn't resist the blue dial.

Not quite in the same vein, a Citizen alarm clock.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This one qualifies for the club, as it cost 1/4 of the full entry fee.

There are other examples online with the same model number branded Bulova (which makes sense, since Bulova is a Citizen brand).

H2839-L148540135_original.jpg

This one for example.

Edited by AndyHull

Just for the record, the Sekonda above appears to have a Uglich/Zaria 1956 quartz caliber.

Some interesting tips on this movement here -> https://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/do-you-have-uglich-zaria-1956-calibre-quartz-isnt-working-then-check-tip-2616890.html

There seem to be a few variations of this movement, some with the chip on board like the above Sekonda, and some with a cheaper epoxy blob on board (aka (COB) or (BOB)). I suspect that these are simply cost saving changes, and that the movements are interchangeable.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6122442

p1010410.jpg?w=700&h=

Edited by AndyHull

AsPurchased3.thumb.jpg.c4de5723e25fb020e0f6bef52e98e8d9.jpg

AsPurchasedRear.thumb.jpg.1584bd5fe129734c73452636b1d29246.jpg

More "not quite a Bulova" fun on its way from the penny lots. The auction claims it is "working", other than the missing crystal, so there is a reasonable chance that the balance is whole. Time will tell.

It looks like there may be an issue with the date wheel, and the dial will need some very careful cleaning too. Lets hope the seller packs it sensibly and doesn't damage the hands.

Edited by AndyHull

Some days you have no luck at all, today is not one of those days.

AsPurchased.thumb.jpg.092156834951f2e97bedf76b0adb9e79.jpg

A 1976 Timex 2377302576 with a really neat 1970s vibe, and perhaps even some lume... @JerseyMo might be able to shed some light on that (pun intended).

At just a few pennies less than twice the price of the Aviatime, it is well within the 404 club rules.

Now I really do need to find the off button for this eBay mallarky, or my winning streak will see me bankrupt before the week is out. :P