Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

So the first Russian arrived today. I love the dial. No brand name anywhere, but it has a 2209 movement which was used under no less than 5 Russian company banners. Inside the movement is clean and it winds, sets runs great. It needed a slight adjustment to the timing, but it's correct now. I'm going to clean up the Crystal on Monday and see about ordering a proper strap for it.

1575075657727567725903359672002.jpg

• Like 1

s-l1600.jpg

Another job lot winging its way from the e of bay. This little lot worked out at £1.14 each +(P&P) each.
There is also a tin of random dials thrown in for good measure.

s-l1600.jpg

Fixing that lot should keep me out of trouble for a few days. :P

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 2

just placed an order for a ratty Timex 100, 50's vintage. Hopefully @JerseyMo will have a few parts available for me to purchase to freshen this up. I also acquired one of my personal grail watches, a Sicura Satellite. This one needs some attention and a thorough polish on the crystal. The Satellite has the most unique and massive second hands I've ever seen

timex 50s.jpg

sicura.jpg

• Like 2

So, the Swatch Irony Chrono and the Citizen Jet arrived, and as is often the case with eBay purchases, both have issues. The Swatch is essentially dead. Only the hour, minute and sub seconds hands move. None of the chrono functions work! If anyone has ever attempted to repair one of these, I'd be interested to hear your story. The citizen jet's issues are far less troubling. I suspected something was wrong the moment it arrived as I could't find a clear serial number on the case. I opened the case and was pleased to find there was indeed a legit and functioning Citizen 25 jewel Jet movement. But upon even closer examination, the case seemed... off, turns out , It's way off. I looked closely at the dial trying to find identifying numbers there and I noticed the case barely fits the movement. In-fact the inner edge of the case opening covers the outer edge of the dial. Because of this shoehorn effect, someone had to hand fit a domed crystal to keep the hands clear of the crystal. They did an awful hatchet job on the crystal edge getting it to fit. It looks as if the case is actually one of those Indian made citizen "licensed" knock offs, you know the ones with the eagle on the dials that sell for $30 on the Bay! Now I'm on the hunt for a proper Citizen Jet case. Oh well, lessons learned.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:29 AM, FLwatchguy73 said:

So, the Swatch Irony Chrono and the Citizen Jet arrived, and as is often the case with eBay purchases, both have issues. The Swatch is essentially dead. Only the hour, minute and sub seconds hands move. None of the chrono functions work! If anyone has ever attempted to repair one of these, I'd be interested to hear your story.

I did manage to fix one of those, it was front loader, and I needed to pop the bezel off first to get access to its brains.

Cleaned with lighter fluid, it sprang back into life.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 5 more watches on the way. Three of them will require major repairs. The first is a Skagen with a mesh band, then a Seiko chronograph 7T32-7C80, a swatch with a see thru body, a Seiko Flightmaster the is pretty banged up and is missing the primary crown. Last is a Seiko diver, 7s26-0020 also in need of serious effort. The photos below are the correct models but not the actual watches, I'll post those later.

skagen.jpg

Seiko-Automatic-7S26-0029-Scuba-Divers-Watch.jpg

flightmaster.jpg

swatch.jpg

chrono.jpeg

• Like 1

We have had Beaver watches, we have had blue dialed watches, but what could be better than a watch with a blue beaver... (careful how you answer that, this is a family show).

CanadaPostesBeaver.thumb.jpg.d1152a3de93decd6d64228e33b09db54.jpg

.. another quirky 0.99p number hopefully joining the ranks of the 404 club soon.

As a side note, I did some googling of this particular watch, and found a similar one in as new condition on a Hirsch strap, so it looks like this watch may actually be reasonable quality too.

I'll need to do a little more digging and try to find out why Canada Postes went to all the trouble of producing a commemorative watch with a 5c stamp with a beaver on it. 

CanadaPostesBeaverRear.thumb.jpg.9ac110c099b12addccaf6bdf26ca5b48.jpg

If you want to know a little more about the chap with the flat tail... click the link.

https://postagestampguide.com/stamps/15655/beaver-1954-canada-postage-stamp-national-wildlife

beaver-canada-stamp.jpg

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1