Seiko 6139 Repair And "restoration"

My God! Just brilliant! Brilliant! And the watch now looks brand new. Why or why can't you be Australian? I'd be at your shop door tomorrow with a couple of watches I'd love for you to restore!

Thanks. I just started refurbish watches and am an engineer by degree so I pay attention to detail and appreciate the technology4fe53935af8bf7e9762507ab8baf115a.jpg

This is my next project for a friend. Will take a bit of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you're also from the Philippines since you are also a member of the Philippine watch club.

I'm an engineer too so I know where your passion for watches and watchmaking is coming from.

I am on Canada. An Electrical Engineer by degree but now mgmt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks. I just started refurbish watches and am an engineer by degree so I pay attention to detail and appreciate the technology4fe53935af8bf7e9762507ab8baf115a.jpgThis is my next project for a friend. Will take a bit of work.

Done. Post to follow f601cc2b14d34727f88d3d882945e08c.jpg

The restoration completed? That's great! Were there any major problems? Looking at that before picture I would think there would be some issues with moisture and rust. I've worked on one or two Seikos and know how robust those movements are. Well, How about some after photos! 

JC

• Like 1

The restoration completed? That's great! Were there any major problems? Looking at that before picture I would think there would be some issues with moisture and rust. I've worked on one or two Seikos and know how robust those movements are. Well, How about some after photos! 

JC

I will be post game the full reassembly on YouTube. The rotor was pitted due to corrosion but with a drumel tool I cleaned it up. All other parts were hand washed and I did clean the mainspring and re grease the barrel ( breaking on the sidewalls .)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Great work Joel, Im working on the same type now...and Im struggling get the Barrel and Train wheel bridge on right, so far there are always somthing that not runnning freely, seems like the escape wheel not fittet right, but I will look more into it this evening...

Great work... nice 

• 5 weeks later...

Joel. You have inspired me, I love watches and have a few that I consider to be good but I have never attempted to disassemble and reassembled one. But reading your walkthrough and only being a member of this forum for forty eight hours I have decided to jump in at the deep end! Last night I ordered a Seiko 6319-7010 off eBay that's in need of some tlc cosmetically and runs but stops. I can't wait for the postman to bring it even though I am full of trepidation at the thought of restoring this watch. Many thanks.Johnnie