Mark

Watch Repair Talk Website Design

I decided to change the design of the site. The main reason was that I was tired of the huge banner at the top which was always there.

I hope you guys don't mind, however, if you prefer the old design you can change back as long as you are logged in. You will see a link at the bottom of the page "Change Theme" and I have made "Old Theme" available there.

:thumbsu:

While this topic is active, I might as well put in a suggestion: the .crosshatch CSS style of the current theme adds a lot to the rendering time and makes Safari on my Mac stutter when scrolling pages. If I remove the crosshatch (via the web inspector) scrolling speed becomes normal again. 

{    /* background: url('/Images/crosshatch.png'); */
    background-repeat: repeat;
    background-attachment: fixed;
}

It's probably only noticeable on slower computers / graphics cards. I see it on my old MacBook Pro with OS X 10.8 and ATI Radeon X1600 graphics but not on my OS X 10.10 machine.

Thanks Rob - I never noticed that on my computer but if it is causing problems I will remove it.

:thumbsu:  Although, I didn't notice lag. I think its better without it. Cleaner. :geek:

Hi everybody.

Mark, I have a problem and I don't know if it is common to others, related with this migration, or not for all. Even I logoff my seccion, when I came again to the WRT site, I was logged on. It's happened for me for the last several logoffs.

It is normal?

Thanks

Clear your cookies, I have a website & migrated to the same software as here & some members where reporting having issues with being logged off between visits or having trouble logging on in the first place. once they cleared the sites cookie & got a fresh one everything was OK.

Clear your cookies, I have a website & migrated to the same software as here & some members where reporting having issues with being logged off between visits or having trouble logging on in the first place. once they cleared the sites cookie & got a fresh one everything was OK.

Hi again. I made this but still the same . :pulling-hair-out:  I really don't know what I must do to fix this (assuming that this problem is in my PC). Yesterday night I left the site with "Sign Out", but today morning I'm back already "Signed In". I don't have problem with this but if it is a problem of the site, I suppose it will better to investigate what is wrong. Any other suggestion?

I remember to did no check any box, and only was show the box asking me if I want to remember my password. I never do this for all softwares or sites. Now, I can't see any box to check as when I open the site I am already login.

Cheers too

Ricardo

Edited by RicardoG

The box is checked by default so you will need to click on the box to remove the check mark. Since it doesn't show now, I will assume you will need to clear the saved passwords, cookies, history, etc in the tools menu if using explorer. Then re open the page and log in, taking care of removing the default check mark and accepting cookies afterwards since the page requires it.

Hope it helps,

Bob

I again. I did try to do all again. Clear all my cookies and clear all my temporary internen files and historic (now every site that I go with password to login, ask me to remember or not...), I saw the checked box you told and uncheck again, and even all of this, still the same. I am not worry due I am only one that use my PC, and I bring this to here only because I thought could be a problem of the site or of the server. I can live with this and save me time to make logon . :D Anyway, my sincere thanks for the help. I appreciate.

Ricardo

Edited by RicardoG