Omega 1315 Or Really Is A Tissot Adjustment Trouble

rogart63

Have a Tissot ???? but the movement is the same as the Omega 1315 movement . Have serviced it but now the electronic motor module won't work . I can see that it's moving.

I read something about adjusting the module by turning an excenter screw . Until the third wheel and forth wheel spins freely. Anyone been working on som of this movement? The omega 1310 or 1315. Tissot i think it could be 2442. 

Confusing numbering that doesn't exactly explain what the differences are. So that the Tissot 2100 is equal to the Omega 1315 and 1315 is only slightly different from the 1310. I've attached a PDF that shows what the differences are unfortunately it does not explain why it's different only that it is.

So the confusion you're having is there are two separate adjustments. Then the manual itself is somewhat confusing to read unless you've done one of these before. So I've attached images of both adjustments. So in figure 3.3 it shows adjusting an offset cam that changes the depth of the motor assembly with the gear train. In the text 3.36 they talk about this. So if this is not adjusted correctly the entire gear train will stop. Then starting at 3.40 this is where you're supposed to have the microscope for this adjustment.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?12&archimedeshop&0&2uswk&Tissot_2100

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Omega_1310

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Omega_1315

Omega 1310 1315_1_2278.pdf

post-673-0-19021900-1449884178_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-76900900-1449884178_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That part is missing on my movement?The click spring. I will have to get a new one from cousinsuk .Lucky as i have a 1310 movement to compare with . 

I will order that and see what i can do? Discovered that the click retaining plate didn't sit right either . It's jamming up the wheels . Learning more and more as i get along. 

post-644-0-75498300-1449920458_thumb.jpgpost-644-0-29451900-1449920467_thumb.jpgpost-644-0-63238600-1449920475_thumb.jpgpost-644-0-75329300-1449920483_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

That's a beauty of a movement...I never though I could say that of an electronic one being partial to mechanical/autos! Keep us up to date, I'd love to hear more of your progress and end result!

Cheers,

Bob

Have to buy some new parts. But that would not be before Christmas . But will sure try to get it up to speed again. Now that i now how it works. I am not sure i should buy the click or the click with the retaining plate already attach? Depends how difficult it is to put the click in place? 

• Like 1

One of the things I really like about this group is your open to things. For instance quartz watches can be quite fascinating and very interesting to collect. But the entire world doesn’t necessarily understand that. For instance I collect electric watches including quartz watches. If I’m at a meeting of watch and clock collectors and asked what I collect a lot of times I skip over the issue. Other times I tell them I collect quartz watches just because I like to see the expression on their face as they run away.

So there seems to be a perception that electric is bad especially quartz and mechanical is always beautiful. Except we have some very horribly made mechanical watches were not meant to be serviced. Timex watches pin lever watches zero jewel watches etc. so not all mechanical is beautiful. The early days of electric especially when they get into quartz a lot of very fascinating interesting ways to solve problems. Makes for a lot of just really interesting watches that can be quite beautiful.

Then there is an advantage to collecting evil quartz watches. For instance the watch in the photograph the price tag indicates $20 it didn’t sell in this particular show the seller gave it to me because he knew I collect electric watches. A sizable percentage of my electric watch collection was given for free. Unfortunately to get some of the good stuff you do end up with a lot of crappy quartz watches but I didn’t have to pay for them.

So for missing parts you’re missing one and the other is not missing it’s hiding possibly. So there supposed to be a magnetic shield it goes over the coil. On your Omega watch part of it is still there and the Tissot it’s totally gone. I’ve attached the image usually the little plastic pins break off I only have one there should be two. In the case of mine if you turn the watch over it just falls out which is why they’re missing.

So the offset cam adjustment is hiding more than likely not missing. Notice the nice big screw and in the image I circled in red? Then nice close-up photograph of what's under the screw  is what you should find which is the cam adjustment hiding not missing hopefully. Then special tool  probably doesn't exist anymore so you can use a screwdriver that  you grind out the center to clear the tube that the screw threads into. Make sure you read the instructions  in the manual carefully you'll have to loosen the other screws so the entire motor assembly can move. The cam is made out of plastic  it does not like to be forced..

post-673-0-26511200-1449963060_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-72208500-1449963070_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-16416300-1449963078.jpg

post-673-0-99488300-1449963086_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-01151900-1449963096_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hello  rogart63 !!

Is all good with you?  The Pouge is going like a Seiko, thanks a million for greate work...

Did you manage to get the motor module to work??    I have just got on just like this one, into my workshop.  So just wanted to hear what happende in the end....

Best from me...  

A

Edited by arkobugg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, arkobugg said:

Hello  rogart63 !!

Is all good with you?  The Pouge is going like a Seiko, thanks a million for greate work...

Did you manage to get the motor module to work??    I have just got on just like this one, into my workshop.  So just wanted to hear what happende in the end....

Best from me...  

A

The motor was running okay but there was some trouble with the circuit. Ended up as parts.  One problem i had with my Omega was the battery. Can't remember the brand i used . But changed the battery and it worked again. So try an other brand battery maybe.