Hello From Newbie Mark

nambutler

Welcome to the forum Mark, it's good to have you on board.

It's certainly not to late to start learning about watch repair, I was also in my very late fifties when I started on my horological journey and it's one of the best things I have done. You will find many knowledgable folk on the forum, both professional and amateur who are more than willing to share their knowledge. When asking for help, it is always better to post pictures.

And welcome from me too! Yes, we all enjoy pictures...playboy center page and all...err, sorry about the typo I meant playwatch centerpage!  :)

In any case, first practice on old working watches...the broken ones won't give you any feed back on your progress. Afterwards, you can practice how to make good the broken ones and much later you can service/fix your collection. That's the normal learning curve. Success!

Cheers,

Bob

Hello Mark and welcome from me,

Late 50s is cool just means you fit in well to the auld gits club. It gives you freedom to complain about having to use reading glasses, hearing aids and a multitude of other devices and pharmaceuticals.

The advice in the previous posts is good, just enjoy and ask for help if in a fix and it will be given.

Cheers,

Vic (shaky hands, hearing aids, pacemaker, poor sight - thank heavens for alcohol)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...