Leaver /horn Stuhrling Skelton Original Watch

I agree. Maybe is my old age but I barely understand what the problem is. Hands are supposed to spin while the watch is working...I don't know about the horn...are you talking about an alarm feature, a sound...??? A picture will be great.

Cheers,

Bob

sounds like a bad pallett. i had a seiko that had a missing palett jewel. when i would manually wind it (as i sometimes do if i have them apart)  the hands would spin around until the power was exhausted in the mainspring. the second hand was a blur. it was cool to look at.

So you need to help us on this one as already suggested pictures would be nice so we can see what you're seeing. Otherwise we can guess. So history of the company can be found at the link below very interesting description and they also have a repair service. So the term manufacture of watches is always interesting for me I tend to think of someone who makes the movements but here it means they case up other movements. Casually the watches tend to have a Chinese look to them so finding spare parts might be interesting perhaps.

http://www.stuhrling.com/history.html