A New Take On The Ikea Watchmakers Workbench

Rolo

Hi guys,

i headed off off to ikea today in search of the Required items to make the homemade workbench that has been posted on the Internet for some time now. while searching for the components I found that I could put together an adjustable height version that would enable me to use it at chin / eye level when working on movements but could also be lowered to carry out other types of work on it that require a bit of distance between me and whatever I am doing. While there I also bought a few extra items such as a work light, chair, shelf, etc but for those of you who are interested in following my design I have attached the details of the 2 main components that will make up my bench, but you may also find other items that you would like to add to your own bench. I will post pictures of my finished workbench in a few days time when The plasterers have finished and the new carpets have been fitted.

Total cost for the main items =£295

post-1324-0-92247600-1448922199_thumb.jp

post-1324-0-91984700-1448922220_thumb.jp

post-1324-0-57098500-1448922230_thumb.jp

• Like 1

having just finished myself, looking forward to what you come up with . I did look at the adjustable height but the size overall height pf tje a;ex drawers along with the other bits suited well.  Just make sure what you purchase is stable enough..

good luck

J

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I finally got rid of the plasterers and got the carpets fitted (but not before they managed to chop through my internet cable) so thought I would post a quick update. I got the desk finished and am really happy with the results, it's super stable (even at raised height) and is plenty big enough for everything I need to do at it. The cupboard was an afterthought to keep my ultrasonic cleaner in along with the cleaning solutions and my timing machine.

I will post some better pictures over the next few days with a more detailed overview but for now here's a couple of quick ones.

Hope you like

post-1324-0-50504400-1450644818_thumb.jp

post-1324-0-76745200-1450644832_thumb.jp

• Like 5