International Dial Co., Usa

Hello, I have been in contact with a Mr Robert Miller of the above co. with regard to refinishing a dial. I have been unable to contact him since 21.10.15, an answer phone takes a message but no response. Has anyone heard anything that might explain this? Up to the date mentioned contact had been extemely good.

regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All, International Dial contacted me 2 weeks ago to say the dial was done and they would post after payment (Paypal).It arrived today and looks good (see attached). I chose to have a "generic" finish similar to the original but not an exact copy, but with the ORATOR name, 17 Rubis, swiss made and antimagnetic printed. The hands are the elegant originals, a bit pitted. I finished the chrono hands in orange as I found them a bit confusing, as are the pushers, the start is at 1400, stop at 1600 and return at 1600, slightly non intuitive.

The watch has a Landeron 48 movement and is keeping good time, its gone from a basket case to nice watch, happy ending I think. post-1266-0-91020500-1453911751_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Are the marking-extensions at 3, 6 and 9 minutes like the original? And what is the purpose for that? I only ask because I have never seen that before.

Yes they were common on old chronographs.

In the past telephone calls were charged in intervals of three minutes and the markers made it easier to time phone calls and get value for money. By that I mean if you went over three minutes by a second or two you were just as well talking for another two and a half minutes as you were going to pay for the next release minutes anyway.

• Like 2

that was a great choice on the dial finish. it is really beautiful. i love old chronos. they have such character.

on another note, i want to thank the OP for following up on this thread. i've been on other forums where you never hear the outcome. good on ya'.