Microset Clock Timer

steven

post-1248-14486064536074.jpg

This equipment just arrived couple of days ago. I've always wanted to get a clock timer as we know how a Timegrapher makes a watch repair life easier and happier.

I was busy playing with it the last two days to familiarize with the system and it's many functions.

post-1248-14486082744161.jpg

post-1248-14486139235652.jpg

After experimenting with the system, my clock regulating steps will be,

(After service and repair)

1. Check and adjust Beat Error

2. Count the clock's Beats Per Hour

3. Calculate Seconds Per Beat from the Beats Per Hour

4. Measure and regulate the Rate

post-1248-14486138407669.jpg

The pic shows me using the optical sensor, the most important innovation of the MicroSet system, to do the measurements which is way better than the acoustic sensor. The acoustic sensor can picks up other noises made by the clock movement which will give inaccurate results.

As I'm new to this clock timer system, please advice me if you are using one. [emoji2]

attachicon.gifIMG_20151127_143644.jpg

This equipment just arrived couple of days ago. I've always wanted to get a clock timer as we know how a Timegrapher makes a watch repair life easier and happier.

I was busy playing with it the last two days to familiarize with the system and it's many functions.

attachicon.gifIMG_20151126_141138.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151126_141348.jpg

After experimenting with the system, my clock regulating steps will be,

(After service and repair)

1. Check and adjust Beat Error

2. Count the clock's Beats Per Hour

3. Calculate Seconds Per Beat from the Beats Per Hour

4. Measure and regulate the Rate

attachicon.gifIMG_20151126_141151.jpg

The pic shows me using the optical sensor, the most important innovation of the MicroSet system, to do the measurements which is way better than the acoustic sensor. The acoustic sensor can picks up other noises made by the clock movement which will give inaccurate results.

As I'm new to this clock timer system, please advice me if you are using one. [emoji2]

At present I fiddle for days on end to adjust but as I do not service many clocks now days I have never purchased this system.  I have tried "clock master" on my iPhone but it uses acoustics and I have never got it to work correctly so I would say your set up should work. Let use know your findings.

I have never used such a contraption. After a proper repair you should always have the clock going in your workshop for around 2 weeks this gives you ample time to regulate the clock before delivery. I always preferred to deliver rather than the customer picking up the clock. These clock timing machines will pick up any noise the clock makes and they do make a noise if amplified. The noise must be horrendous every time a clock comes to the warning of the strike or chime mechanism not to mention the recoil of the escapement unless its deadbeat, plus the expansion of the springs more so the un barreled type of movement. Clocks have been regulated with the trial and error over the hundreds of years they have been around and I don't see any need for change.

I know I'm an old fart and I don't like change.    :D    

I have never used such a contraption. After a proper repair you should always have the clock going in your workshop for around 2 weeks this gives you ample time to regulate the clock before delivery. I always preferred to deliver rather than the customer picking up the clock. These clock timing machines will pick up any noise the clock makes and they do make a noise if amplified. The noise must be horrendous every time a clock comes to the warning of the strike or chime mechanism not to mention the recoil of the escapement unless its deadbeat, plus the expansion of the springs more so the un barreled type of movement. Clocks have been regulated with the trial and error over the hundreds of years they have been around and I don't see any need for change.

I know I'm an old fart and I don't like change.    :D    

I suppose thats the method I use. I just think the MicroSet system would significantly speed up the process. The issue of how customers set up the clock is always an issue. I always set up the clocks beat with it dead level but if the customer does not follow this rule then it is highly likely out of beat.