Question

All was going great when I diagnosed that the canon pinion was in need of tightening.  I dismantled very carefully and thought I would give it a service.  Whilst rebuilding, again very methodically and carefully, the darned pinion on the 4th wheel just flipped!  To try and console myself I imagined this was due to the age and wear/tear, still mightily frustrating.  It still works well and keeps good time but alas no seconds hand fitted.  It's an ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH (ALSTATER) fitted with a Schild 1568 movement.  Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement 4th wheel, pretty please?  Agreat forum with some very educated contributors nice to join and read you all.  Thanks!

post-1559-0-42425900-1447698330_thumb.jp

post-1559-0-18556300-1447698340_thumb.jp

post-1559-0-88206300-1447698350_thumb.jp

11 answers to this question

Well, got a nice reply from Steve and he can't help either.  He even x referenced it for me and could'nt find ant lit for it.  Thank you very much for your diligence.

Jim.

Ok will keep em peeled one will turn up eventually.

Clockboy! I got one from Germany arrived today, 2 minutes later boomboom!  up and working great.  Thank you for your time and effort, very comforting in my hour of despair.

Nice Jim, worth the wait I am sure. All part of the vintage watch repair enjoyment !!!!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.