Rolex Repair & Advice Needed Please

beccy77

Hi my name is beccy77 and I need some advice on where I should take my Rolex Submariner to repair it's winder? Or if anyone can tell me how to get it back in its functional position. It has been unwound too much and now is fully extended.

I will aim to take some photos of it to show you what I mean...

I aim to get it functioning and then sell it.

My friend and I came across it in a pile of throw out in an old desk amongst a champion golf players trophies & certificates. Apparently golf championships & Rolex are commonly given out to the Australian National Champions along with their trophies etc.

So my friend and I aim to get it functioning and sell it as we both need the cash. I have MS and need a car and he needs cash aswell.

If you can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate your help!

Kindest regards, beccy77 :)f2988ff3aa5a43aec8d0eae1579eeb98.jpg363f82bd3901d82b4978d026c1a3d65b.jpg083a1db2483813a28f56b5cd948f248b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to tell you this Beccy but that watch looks totally fake. The date display magnification looks too small through the cyclops lens which is a common problem with cheaper fakes and the dial does not look right plus the second hand is far too short.

Agreed Seve, the minute hand is fractionally too short yes but not noticeably as much as the second hand, hence why I didn't mention that or the end of the winding crown being the wrong profile etc etc. There is more wrong about this watch than there is right about it. So yes this is definitely *not_an_authentic_Rolex*

As an aside I forgot to mention that the "Swiss Made" should actually be under the 6 o`clock marker, not side by side as shown in the images above. The Rolex logo and text is also too small, in the wrong position and the wrong font, the lume dots are too small etc. Totally wrong without even getting into the profile of the watch body and more.

You are most welcome Beccy.

This thread caused me to go and dig my Submariner out, so here is what the real thing should look like. These come in a variety of dial and bezel colours etc.

This is a D series 50th Anniversary Submariner with green bezel. I bought this watch new in 2005 and am ashamed to say that I have probably worn this watch only once or twice since then for less than 2 hours. When they came out I just had to have one and it was purely an impulse buy but I never got around to wearing it. However, today it will be my watch of the day as I have it out.

post-1462-0-89411900-1447618579_thumb.jp

post-1462-0-46897200-1447618593_thumb.jp

post-1462-0-75264800-1447618610_thumb.jp

post-1462-0-90128100-1447618620_thumb.jp

post-1462-0-93849000-1447618651_thumb.jp

It's not as obviously fake as the one I bought at an antiques fair last month. All it needed to get it going was a new battery.  :D

I'll see you and raise you 3 more fake Rolex watches, a fake Louis Vuitton, a fake Patek Philippe and 2 Fake Tag Heures!

All of this rubbish actually runs.

I know I have more of this fake garbage floating around, some of the ones I can't find are automatics but I can't remember where I put them.

post-1462-0-88978500-1447646690_thumb.jp

post-1462-0-07203300-1447646713_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Thanks heaps Mk3 very nice watch and you obviously have an expensive digital slr camera as well! Very nicely proportioned & well structured photographs you've taken!! I'm impressed and again very well informed!

Thanks heaps! I sincerely do appreciate you putting in such an awesome effort to help assist and teach me what is real and why!!

Awesome! Double thumbs up, thanks again!

I have enjoyed this discussion immensely!

Cheers mk3 :)

Happy to help!

I actually took the pics with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge cellphone due to ease and convenience, you can see it in the reflection if you look closely. Although that said, cellphone cameras have come a long way in the past few years and the cellphone is a higher megapixel picture that the older Canon SLR digital camera that I have and never really use much anymore.

Well if you want to sell the Canon digital slr camera I would be keen to have a squiz at a photo of it along with specs, I would love a half decent digital slr camera and I always stay with Canon even with my cheapie point and shoot camera I have ATM...

It is a Canon Rebel model but cannot remember which. My wife runs a local news site for our town as a hobby and has commandeered it for when she wants to take photos from a tripod rather than a cellphone. Ebay probably has lots of these up for grabs though.