Bergeon 30207 How To Use?

bobm12

I'm thinking about buying this tool:

post-253-0-32669500-1447267008.jpg

It is said it helps work on balances plus a lot of other uses. Can you guys illustrate/explain those different uses and if possible with support of pictures.

Much appreciated and thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Bob

I have looked at this tool many times. The idea is to secure hairspring stud while pinning a new hairspring to it I think.

However I think it would be very handy when manipulating a hairspring. The cost as always put me off

This tool might do the same job on the bay item number 311482941796

• Like 1

A strange tool to find pictures of because it goes by multiple of names. Plus to make things more interesting hairspring can also go by balance spring. Then for such an interesting tool not finding a lot of references to it?

http://www.geocities.ws/dushang2000/Balance%20Tools.html#Balance%20Spring%20Stud%20Table

post-673-0-85782600-1447401006_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

A strange tool to find pictures of because it goes by multiple of names. Plus to make things more interesting hairspring can also go by balance spring. Then for such an interesting tool not finding a lot of references to it?

http://www.geocities.ws/dushang2000/Balance%20Tools.html#Balance%20Spring%20Stud%20Table

Nice link John very informative

What's interesting is missing tools for removing the balance staff plus his staff grinding tool extremely expensive and if you're not careful bad things happen. Specifically if you're not careful you grind more than the staff and you make a nice hollow into the balance arm. Then if you are grinding out it's always good if you would measure which are grinding out just to make sure that whatever you replace with exactly matches.

Then as pointed out Missing is the Platax tool I've attached photos of something else that's missing.

post-673-0-89731800-1447409910_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-13685000-1447409920.jpg

post-673-0-45184300-1447409931.jpg

• Like 1