• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hi  I have a tissot cal 7842 with a hairspring totally out of shape . im not so sure how this hairspring detaches from the balance ,any advice would be much appreciated 
    • Mechanical movement using modified D304 and venus 150 parts. I just sold it on eBay within one week of being on the auction site. It is a beauty and did not want to let it go but I need a lathe
    • 0.5mm and it's definitely a needed tool.
    • Here's the 1st part of a service walk-throughout of this 10.5''' pin pallet mov't which was barely running. It's built with some unusual characteristics for this class, like the ratchet wheel on dial side, the abundance of parts, and the use of four tally upping jewels beside the shock protection, perhaps an attempt to compete with Swiss lever mov'ts by boasting 23 jewels. I apologize for the mediocre quality of the pictures or any inaccuracy. I didn't find a service sheet, but that is not big deal really. Starting from the dial side we remove two tiny screws and the top calendar plate. Here we need to be cautious with the finger spring. You can place some rodico on it and lift where it's curved. Then remove the finger and the brass plate. Lots of more parts are now revealed, off it goes the date ring, date wheel, hour wheel, and the rocking bar Not less than three pinions on the bar, and that is without a quick-setting mechanism. Sorry I did not picture the setting spring, which is not difficult to remove safely. Having full access to the click we can now let the mainspring down. The next "dangerous" item is the click spring, again use caution. After  the click we remove the setting wheel, cannon pinion, and the small plate holding two cap jewels, the lower anti-shock, according to the part list they are different from up and down sides don't mix them up. By noting the four no-function jewels around the date wheel machining we're done with this side. After pulling the stem out and storing the sliding wheel we can then flip the main plate, remove the upper anti-shock device and the balance. The massive cock it's a bit fiddly to lift. Also be aware that the dial screw can be completely removed, it's a good a idea to do that to avoid these falling at some point. Removing the pallet bridge and pallet I didn't noticed immediately but a pin had snapped. Maybe that happened in the washing jar, but the pin was nowhere to be found ?!? Fortunately a spare pallet fork was available to order. It should be also possible to make a a new, I hope to be able to cover that in a future posting. Remove the train bridge. It's possible that the barrel bridge is to be done first, but I had no problem anyway. Remove seconds, third and the escape wheels. In the best Swiss style there is no screw like another. After removing the barrel bridge we start seeing oil having left around. The thick center wheel bridge is removed with the wheel, lastly is setting lever screw and lever. I don't know why I pictured the sliding wheel with them. Opening the barrel we see that the last repairer, decades ago. liked to use a lot of grease in there. I don't guess on a mainspring's condition by its uncoiled shape, but just get a new one when possible. Washable parts go into my special machine, which is a small jam jar. First bath is horological ammonia solution, rinsed with petroleum ether, followed by distilled water rinse that is repeated until no floating particles can be seen against the light. Last rinse is with IPA. To be continued.