This has been a fascinating thread.

I don't understand any of it but that hasn't dulled my enjoyment of following people who DO know what they're talking about. Even if I had one of these timers I wouldn't know what to do with the results but I hope, in time, to get a handle on all this.

WAGF

John

• Like 1

Thank you very much for answer, im just starting with the watch repair as a hobby. And i was very interested in this article becouse there is not much offer on watch repair tools over here. So I was thinking on going by myself on this. And the software looks realy impresive, so i wich i could give it a try, and build my own mic and amp too. But cant acces te page, dont know why.

I use linux, linux mint, and firefox over it. Direct conection to the web, no proxy, no firewall, thats it.

The message that firefox displays is:

"The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." And so on.

On Chromiun it was: "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET "

Using dhcp or manual is the same, try with other dns and the same, try ping to the page and pinging ok but using the ip of the page or the name and cant connect. Really extrange, switch to windows and again.

Can be my isp? I will try in other place to know. I will let you know.

Thanks again

Hello Vicentico,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you can resolve your issues.  Can you be sent files direct in a personal message or are they blocked as well /  Perhaps Stefan can

send the file out or if he gives the ok I could download it and send it to you.  A lot depends on the max size of files you can receive I think the file is in the region of

2 MB.

Cheers,

Vic

Yes, the installer is about 1.8Mb. I can e-mail it to you if you send me a PM with your e-mail address in it.

But I think your problems are being caused by your ISP. Or they were being caused by my ISP at the time that you tried it, but it sounds like you tried it more than once.

Edited by svorkoetter

Yes - it is most likely routing problems somewhere in the chain between your ISP and Svorkoetter's web host.

A good way to test if the problem is your end or the website is to use this tool: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

If the problem is on your side then using a VPN or proxy may help, just don't do Internet banking or anything involving passwords when you are on a public VPN or proxy :)

Finally get the page, using an online proxy service, proxy-service.de.  In case anybody else need it. Now to build the amp and micro :)

By the way, Mark, I d been  watching the videos on your channell, and the work you do is just amazing, that stopmotion of the omega, well a lot of work doing it, really impresive and a beautifull gift. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pending the production of a suitable preamp I have found this quick way to test out Watch-O-Scope.

The Greiner Micromat audio output is filtered and then fed into the PC mike input.

post-374-0-61275700-1440938373_thumb.jpg

The results are excellent:

post-374-0-61503900-1440937995_thumb.jpg

A pro version is ordered.

• Like 1

Thanks for ordering, and thanks for your post above!

Is that "PicoScope" gadget involved at all, or did it just happen to be included in the picture?

Also, where did that little bandpass filter come from? Is it a commercial unit, or something you built?

Is that "PicoScope" gadget involved at all, or did it just happen to be included in the picture?

Also, where did that little bandpass filter come from? Is it a commercial unit, or something you built?

The Picoscope ( a very handy USB 2-channel digital scope) was used to make some initial checks but I found a cleaner signal using the PC mike input and your Watch-O-Scope!

The filter was home made with caps inductances and resistors. it was made for another purpose (testing Phonak hearing aid communication) but one channel came in handy for this test.

Two comment on minor details of the installation:

When installing W-O-S on my PC running Win 7-32 after requesting a desktop icon it gave my one in the task bar but nothing on the desktop (that's fine). But I could not find a way to have an icon for the user manual. Then, when I took a picture in scope mode the program saves the one previously viewed in timing mode. I had to use screen dump for the scope picture in my post. The upgrade to professional version went smoothly - thanks and congratulations on a fine software set.

As an experiment I also loaded the trial version into a PC running XP. In this case there was no icon but I could, if desired, create shortcuts for both items from the program bar.

You're right, the Create Desktop Icon feature isn't working, much to my surprise. I neglected to test that, as I never allow installers to put icons on my desktop (my desktop has exactly nothing on it). I've now fixed that, and I'll release it in the near future together with a few other fixes.

Regarding the user manual, it's not usual for an installer to offer to put the documentation icon on the desktop as well, and I'd rather not complicate the installer by adding such an option. You can always drag a copy out of your Start menu onto the desktop (hold down the Ctrl key in order to copy instead of move the item from the Start menu). Also, you can access the user manual from within Watch-O-Scope by going to the Settings window and clicking the Help button.

The scope-mode currently is transient. Watch-O-Scope doesn't actually store the image anywhere, so when you click the picture button, there's nothing to capture. But I agree that that is confusing, and I'll see if I can make it capture the scope mode image. Interestingly, you're the second person to ask for this in less than a week.

PS. What is the passband and order of your filter? Just curious.

Edited by svorkoetter

I'm happy to report that I've fixed the installer issues reported by cdjswiss above in Watch-O-Scope version 1.1, which is now available to download from the web site. Here's a brief summary of what's new since 1.0:

• Added user-selectable audio input device in settings window.
  • Added selectable passbands for digital filtering.
  • Added a Clear Pages button in the settings window.
  • Clicking the Save Image to File button now works as expected when the display is in scope mode.
  • Fixed an installer bug where it would not create a desktop icon.
  • Improved handling of failure to initialize audio device.

If you already have Watch-O-Scope on your computer, registered or not, you can download and install the new version without losing any of your settings or saved pages. No need to uninstall first either.

PS. What is the passband and order of your filter? Just curious.

I have searched but cannot find the details of my band-pass filter - it was made some years ago. I shall peer into the little box and recover the information.

Many thanks for the fast move to version 1.1. The digital filtering passband selection may make my little filter redundant. I shall make a test with and without.

I agree  with your comments re. an icon for the manual. I have done the goofy thing and made a printout.