I suspect that what you are seeing is not 50Hz mains noise. I use the same amplifier without any EQ software with no issues. I would suggest first double-checking that you didn't make any mistakes building the amplifier or connecting it to the microphone.

PCB board I make it my self same as sample picture

In my circuit board an electrolytic capacitor , resistor and IC I use same as sample picture and same value

But some capacitor in can not find same the picture so I use same value in ceramic and polyester type instead , Does it cause problem ?

And a piezo disk is 31 mm. connect with shield wire .

Hi ArtNalika

Things to take into account:

• The shielding of the cables.
  • The program works well even with a sample whose noise ratio signal is poor for the signal.
  • Make sure everything is fine the pre-amp. I have used a very simple one based on a transistor.
  • The cable from the microphone to the preamplifier should be short. 50 cm or less.

Here I show an image.

59556e189ce66_SealFullPre-Am.PNG.5b7e4e8ad29089c0fcb1a2759529301c.PNG

Here is the signal obtained with an electric and pre-amplified piezo record with a pre-amplifier of a transistor.

59556df95064a_Humm60Hz.PNG.0ebeca7510c562a7b99e597e9361714e.PNG

This would be the signal contaminated with network buzz 60 or 50 hz.

IMG_9421.JPG.9800f999917c8649d51bcc987a72fa50.JPG

The way I'm getting the signal. Inside the metal box is a DYI pre-amplicator of a transistor. Powered by USB port.IMG_9420.JPG.d05266f9df290529b3f71e0f94460f36.JPG

The watch with the piezo electric disc and a caiman.

Do not give up, when you hear the sound of the clock .... it will be like music to your ears.

Guido Velásquez

IMG_9419.JPG

IMG_9423.JPG

IMG_9426.JPG

IMG_9422.JPG

IMG_9424.JPG

IMG_9425.JPG

Edited by guidovelasquez
error in pictures

Also, ArtNalika, are you using a laptop? Is it plugged into its charger? Many laptops have terrible audio issues in that case. Try unplugging it and running it on its batteries.

svorkoetter

Yes, I use my laptop to testing I unplug it and test again .It  no difference between plug and unplug charger

I have test and record .You can listen in attach file

I can hear ticktock sound but sound is not clean . It has background noise Whoooooww......  Just like a whistle

Please check attach file

guidovelasquez

Thank you very much

I will check my amp again

watchsound.wav

• Like 1

Hi ArtNalika again,

We already examined the audio file. In my opinion the problem must be in the construction or configuration of the pre-amplifier.

Here I leave a link to build a very simple preamp. I have some problem with circuit building. But this one seems easy.

https://youtu.be/9SclQIWkOtk

In addition the explanation and diagram can help. Pay attention to the capacitor that increases the bass, no need bass, and the resistance that is only useful if the electret microphone is used.

I'm sure it will work.

I just listened to your recording, and it sounds to me like your laptop's microphone is still on too. Which audio device have you selected in Watch-O-Scope's settings window? If it is Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input, then make sure all other microphones are turned off via the Windows control panel. Alternatively, you may be able to select just the correct microphone in Watch-O-Scope.

Hi ArtNalika again,

We already examined the audio file. In my opinion the problem must be in the construction or configuration of the pre-amplifier.

Here I leave a link to build a very simple preamp. I have some problem with circuit building. But this one seems easy.

https://youtu.be/9SclQIWkOtk

In addition the explanation and diagram can help. Pay attention to the capacitor that increases the bass, no need bass, and the resistance that is only useful if the electret microphone is used.

I'm sure it will work.

Thank you sir

Can you show me your amplifier circuit ? You use only 1 transistor in the circuit?

I make this circuit like youtube sound is very low but I can hear watch sound a little

svorkoetter

Hi ,Thank you for answer

I will try again

First make sure you have the correct sound settings for windows. You can see the instructions in the watch-o-scope manual.
I will try to summarize them.
In the sound option find the recording options and there make sure that the "amplification" is at the maximum. The sound of the pre-amplifier of a single transisitor is very low. But sufficient. Right here I send you a few seconds collected with the pre-amplifier of a single transistor.

59571f135def4_fullamp.PNG.c3b49d20321aa50eb216f7c0acb13203.PNG

Archivo de Sonido

rec0630-221021.wav

Guido

sonido.thumb.PNG.4d6a64166583defca443c0988c2c229b.PNG

Here is an image of the circuit of a transistor that I use. As you can see, I did not do it. Buy the dircuito and arm it. What I did was some modifications because you can see that the circuit is for an electret microphone. I deleted the R1. Also, I do not remember why, but I made a bridge where R3 was. They are marked.}

IMG_9443.JPG.23608628d61a1a740cf294ac4d1829d1.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG.a89d4f6ab00c216348bceb98189ee31c.JPG

modificacion.jpg.2f2bc460c97326506d48ddb7445f9489.jpg

The modification

IMG_9455.JPG.f17a6f65aa3d29d5b8134fbb31d75321.JPG

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Dear all, i've succesful build the preamp and now my laptop can catch almost all watch sound, but i wonderer every measure watch with 21600 bph & 28800 bph, the mic capture like hi freq "echoing" sound for 17 seconds long, perioidically like about every 15 seconds. in that 17 seconds the ambient noise increasing, prevent the the watch o scope program to read correct tick sound, what cause this problem?, is there anyone with same problem with me?, please advise.

Thank you

Steve.

12 minutes ago, FHP said:

Dear all, i've succesful build the preamp and now my laptop can catch almost all watch sound, but i wonderer every measure watch with 21600 bph & 28800 bph, the mic capture like hi freq "echoing" sound for 17 seconds long, perioidically like about every 15 seconds. in that 17 seconds the ambient noise increasing, prevent the the watch o scope program to read correct tick sound, what cause this problem?, is there anyone with same problem with me?, please advise.

Thank you

Steve.

Check if "listen to this device" is not checked in the microphone properties. 

47 minutes ago, szbalogh said:

Check if "listen to this device" is not checked in the microphone properties. 

Thank you for your reply szbalogh, i just try it but the problem still occur, the echoing like sound only happen every 15 second for 17 seconds long..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FHP said:

Thank you for your reply szbalogh, i just try it but the problem still occur, the echoing like sound only happen every 15 second for 17 seconds long..

Are the cable and the preamp shielded? You could try it elsewhere, maybe it was some external noise. For example i have terrible noise if the water heater is turning on, my desk is close to the power meter box. But there is no noise in the other end of the room.

Ah juts listened to the sample. It is a clear echo. Maybe there is an other microphone on the PC which is also listening, or the speakers are turned on. 

Edited by szbalogh

7 minutes ago, szbalogh said:

Are the cable and the preamp shielded? You could try it elsewhere, maybe it was some external noise. For example i have terrible noise if the water heater is turning on, my desk is close to the power meter box. But there is no noise in the other end of the room.

The cable and preamp are shielded, it works great on my low beat watch (18000 bph), it's only happen with my rolex sub, mido commander and seagull ST2130 movt (all 28800 bph) and sometimes with my seiko 7S36 (21600 bph)

I just post the watch sound above.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FHP said:

The cable and preamp are shielded, it works great on my low beat watch (18000 bph), it's only happen with my rolex sub, mido commander and seagull ST2130 movt (all 28800 bph) and sometimes with my seiko 7S36 (21600 bph)

I just post the watch sound above.

I have some watches which are making jingling sound sometimes in the case, but not with the movement outside the case. You could also try the problematic ones outside the case. 

I am using a software frequency filter which is removing also this jingling sound making the measurement possible in the case even for these watches. 

1 minute ago, szbalogh said:

I have some watches which are making jingling sound sometimes in the case, but not with the movement outside the case. You could also try the problematic ones outside the case. 

I am using a software frequency filter which is removing also this jingling sound making the measurement possible in the case even for these watches. 

answering your first question, there is only one recording device on my laptop, external mic, and i have turn off the speaker, but the problem persist.

I will try with the movt out of the case. i'm also use equalizer APO to filtering unwanted noise.

Just now, svorkoetter said:

That sounds a lot like either the computer's own microphone is also on, your speakers are on, or both.

1 minute ago, svorkoetter said:

That sounds a lot like either the computer's own microphone is also on, your speakers are on, or both.

Hello Steven, thanks for the response, there is only one recording device enable on my laptop which is external mic. Speaker are turned off, works fine with low beat watch..

I have an opinion. The low-beat watches are very quiet. (18800 bph), the high beat and inside the case, are very quiet and you need to increase the gain. As the gain increases, it is more likely to have a retro feed. But I agree with szbalogh , which says: "Check if" listening to this device "is not marked on the microphone properties.". That would be the first point to correct. I have the idea that if you check the watch out of the case, the problem will not occur.