Good Taste Or Bad?

fjseal

Give it to me straight from the shoulder folks...does this look okay?

This is a watch bought for spares, now I have replaced the parts I used and decided to customise the dial. The brand was "Towne" and the dial was in poor condition. I experimented with dark and light blue, dark and light green, black and white for the number indexes. I settled on dark blue. The dial is sprayed with Revell Satin red SM331. I would have liked the numbers to have been a little less bulky than they are. I just did it for a bit of fun as an exercise. At least I may have the worst looking watch that no-one else has got!

I bought a brown strap to go with it.

The movement is an AS1187 and it is keeping good time so far.

Frank.

post-363-0-42279900-1445288456_thumb.jpg

post-363-0-52145300-1445288480_thumb.jpg

post-363-0-52600000-1445288511_thumb.jpg

What the heck , Try another color scheme...The red IS red....the blue ?..............what can I say ? ...oh wait , I know ,..... "Not my cup of tea "

Use a transfer from one of your model car kits . It doesn't even have to fit neatly in the diameter of the dial ....You Know ,.... Dali-esque   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'd like to know more about how to work the transfers...never even seen one not being much of a model kit person (although always fascinated by the end result). Is there a way it can be illustrated with pictures how to work them as a watch/dial application? Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'd like to know more about how to work the transfers...never even seen one not being much of a model kit person (although always fascinated by the end result). Is there a way it can be illustrated with pictures how to work them as a watch/dial application? Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Bob

+1.....anyone on the transfers? i'd like to see what it's all about.

• 2 weeks later...