Rolex/tudor Case Back Gasket Reference Numbers

If you are located in the US, Ofrei.com has it listed as part # ROL-29-216-5 package of 3 for $5.25

CousinsUK has them as well foe about the same price...part # 29.216.5

Hi thanks DJW I ordered them through Cousins UK because ofrei.com wanted 40.00 to ship a 5.00 item. I am in Canada so anything I would want to get from there I can't because shipping is only cheap if you live in the USA

I know, right?! They have ridiculous International shipping rates!

OK - it seems Ofrei does not wish to really do business with clients outside of the US by virtue of their high shipping charges

I actually go out of my way to look elseware for low priced parts first. Though not nearly as exspensive as international shipping, I still find being charged a flat rate of $12-$14 for shipping a part that costs only a few dollars off putting! I thing they also do this to force people to buy more, therefore spreading the shipping costs...

• Like 1

Their loss. They just overcharge for shipping to Canada,period. I have bought plenty of items off ebay from the south of the US to the east and west coasts. The only time it costs a lot is if it is bulky or heavy. Watch parts are neither of those. If they would go with USPS for shipping instead of FedEx or UPS then people in Canada would buy from them.Anyways we have people in Canada who can get watch parts and such for less than Ofrei.com sells for.Hey watch repair guy any chance you will be doing a tutorial video on the 2671 Tudor movement servicing? Is that movement a good movement as far as automatic movements go?

I agree DJW

Thanks for the link to the case back gaskets I need.

<<triple post merged into one>>

If you are located in the US, Ofrei.com has it listed as part # ROL-29-216-5 package of 3 for $5.25

CousinsUK has them as well foe about the same price...part # 29.216.5

I ordered the ones from cousins but they seem to thin and a bit to big. The gasket is supposed to lay in the case right? not the caseback

Any ideas

I ordered the ones from cousins but they seem to thin and a bit to big. The gasket is supposed to lay in the case right? not the caseback

Any ideas

Can you post a picture of the case, case back and gasket?

OK - it seems Ofrei does not wish to really do business with clients outside of the US by virtue of their high shipping charges.

I've tried to deal with Ofrei by both telephone and email and found them incredibly rude and offhand. They definitely do not want to deal with the UK except in bulk.

I probably deal with them much more than any other parts house and I've really not had an issue with them, to be honest. In the past I've had some damaged and faulty parts show up, but a quick call got it resolved.

I do believe, though, that they can be a little cold when talking to them directly.  

I will say that I've had one on one conversations with Bob Frei and he seems like a pretty genuine fellow...

My biggest issue with them, as stated earlier, is their "Blanket" shipping charges!

I believe the gasket should be 21.6mm wide "inside diameter" as should be the inside edge of the "Groove"  in the case. I would measure the inside edge of the case groove to see if it is 21.6mm, roughly. If it is, the gasket does seem to be a tad bit small...

to be honest, its hard to really tell from the pictures if this is the right gasket or not. In your picture, the gasket is outside the groove at one point and inside the groove at the top. I'm sure it is a little smaller than the groove itself, but it looks as though it may work for you. You may just have to fiddle with it for a while to get it to stay in place.

I know I've had to spend time trying to get gaskets to stay where you want them too! I don't recall ever not getting one to stay when they are seemingly that close to fitting. You may want to make sure the gasket is not twisting when you seat the gasket, either. This will cause the gasket to "Roll" out of the groove as well.

Also, When you do get your silicone grease, just add enough to put a thin layer on the gasket before installing it into the case. I don't think you would want to put so much as to try and keep the gasket in place...