Case Opener

chadders1966

Hi everyone

If you've seen my previous threads on the subject of the LG wrench you'll know I'm looking for a good quality case opener. I did some time ago briefly consider buying one of the Chinese copy 5700s, but decided after taking Mark's advice it would be money down the drain. I have been looking for a used Bergeon 5700 or similar (I like the LEM (?) that Geo showed) and have been looking at the following listing from Ebay France, number 351469560721. Does anyone have any views on this item? I can see that parts of the head are missing, and also thought the printing on it looked a bit odd. Even though this costs a lot less than a new one, it is still a fair amount of money to spend. Thanks

Stephen

I have an LG watch wrench, I have always found it to be a good quality tool which has never yet let me down. Looking at the damage on yours it is hard to see how that even happened, the metal casting must just have been fractured from new for it to have broken from hand force. I have used a lot of force on mine at times to remove some pretty stubborn watch backs including ones that appear to have been glued on after I removed them. You must just have just been unlucky to get a defective one. I would imagine one or two others here have an LG wrench amongst their tool sets that have given them no issues?

I don't feel in any particular way about their products. I know that they are well regarded, and I was happy to give them a chance to put things right as mistakes do happen. The fact that they took 6 weeks to report back and then tried to blame the customer for what must be a material or manufacture problem is what concerns me, and why I would not want to buy any of their products again. The fact that Cousins completely ignored the companies 'findings' and gave me a full refund indicates what they thought of this as well.

If there is anybody who is familiar with the Bergeon 5700 I would be grateful if they could have a look at the listing I mentioned in my first post, 351469560721 on EBay France. I am considering this but am concerned with two issues:

1. Is it the genuine article? I have no definite reason to doubt this, but as I mentioned the printing on the head doesn't look very professional;

2. Also on the head the two thumbscrews (?is that even the right word?) that control the upper jaws are missing. Is it still in working order?

Any help/advice would be appreciated as it would be quite an investment for me. Thanks

Stephen