27 Of The Finest Clock And Watch Schools Around The World

Mark

Found this article - thought it might be useful to some people:

http://www.eternaltools.com/27-of-the-finest-clock-and-watch-schools-around-the-world/

Horology is the study and science of time and time keeping, and horologists study this time keeping in clocks, watches and chronometers. Restoration, preservation, repair and the ‘making of’ are all skills that a talented horologist needs to learn. If you desire to become a master watchmaker or an antique clock restorer then you’ll need somewhere to train.

Eternal Tools has drawn up an alphabetical list of some of the finest clock and watch schools around the world to help you decide where you would like to study these wonderful skills.
  • Like 1

What I find interesting about this link is what is included over what is not included! They have listed the school that I'm attending in the fall (a small non-certified, non profit night study program called Norwest School of Horology that will cost me about $1200) over a program that is located in the same city that is recognized as a formal degreed program AND sponsored by Rolex and the Swiss American Watchmakers Training Alliance (SAWTA), The Watch Technology Institute @ North Seattle Community College($14,000). 

Not sure if they didn't know about this formal program but I bet it has really "Ticked" off(pun intended) Rolex!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...