Stereo Microscope

8 hours ago, winchman said:

I looked at these on Ebay but would it work on a Mac? No mention in system requirements?

Dont know but yesterday i have found the perfect app to use this camera with. It is the NCH Debut software.

I have tried Media Player HC, VLC, Youcam, free2xcam and even WIndows Movie Maker ... all had some issues, random but great picture delay which made lathe work hard, no fullscreen...  Even a simple picture was sometimes a headache. But this Debut seem perfect so far.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been after one of these for a while, but wanted to try before I bought. Had the chance at a motorsport show I was at for work this week. Have to say, I'm very impressed.

This is the unit

http://www.oasisscientific.com/2mp-usb-digital-microscope-12mm-with-new-stand.html

Which I got on a show special for $70.

And here are a couple of sample pics.

So far very happy, it has a great working range and also connects to my phone, making it practical to use to work under (fliping the phone upside down means everything moves the way you expect it too)

S20161212_0001.jpg

S20161212_0002.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vinn3 said:

good show ! so;  do you just plug this into your computer and take a photo?   F.M. (magic) 

Yup, pretty much, I'm using a free bit of software called Plugable Digital Viewer which the manufacturer recomended. There are other options for the scope as well, they did one that cleverely combined multiple images to give more depth of field but it was a bit more cash.

It is the first time I have actually been able to see side play on pinions etc. Looking forward to spotting dirt after cleaning movements that under a loupe look clean!

Cheers mates, I have with great joy reading about this microscope, and this great photoes.

Thought I just should tell you about this type of microscope I have been using for some time. And it working great...

www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk BM1 long arm microscope

I think there is a tread her someplace about it, but I can find right now. But this is the best investment I have done...

Working with reluming, setting the second arm, placing the balance wheel and so on....

post-138-0-25040500-1396615350_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Dont know but yesterday i have found the perfect app to use this camera with. It is the NCH Debut software.
I have tried Media Player HC, VLC, Youcam, free2xcam and even WIndows Movie Maker ... all had some issues, random but great picture delay which made lathe work hard, no fullscreen...  Even a simple picture was sometimes a headache. But this Debut seem perfect so far.

Hey thanks, I will check this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 5 months later...

Hello. We are planning to use Bausch and Lomb SZ7. Can this microscope achieve a100x magnification with at least 10cm working distance  -we prefer longer working distances for our application? We have standard 10x eyepieces. What optics/lens should we get for this? We are not familiar with B&L optics, not sure what options are compatible with this microscope, and would be thankful for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Waveguide said:

Hello. We are planning to use Bausch and Lomb SZ7. Can this microscope achieve a100x magnification with at least 10cm working distance  -we prefer longer working distances for our application? We have standard 10x eyepieces. What optics/lens should we get for this? We are not familiar with B&L optics, not sure what options are compatible with this microscope, and would be thankful for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I have a Bausch and Lomb microscope over my lathe.I am not sure of the model as I purchased of of the Bay. It has very good clear optics & the normal working distance is approx 7cm. 

IMG_1797.thumb.jpg.56edeea704fb4bd6b70a1a193a82ba96.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Waveguide said:

We are planning to use Bausch and Lomb SZ7. Can this microscope achieve a100x magnification with at least 10cm working distance

To get >10cm working distance with the SZ7 you need to use a .5x lens with the 30x eyepieces. It's not possible with the standard 10x eyepieces.

Here's the relevant page from the manual, showing the various magnifications and working distances. 

Stereozoom-36.png

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Has anyone replaced their Isoma Centering microscope or similar optical device with an electronic gadget, like a snake inspection camera, a DSLR, or electronic microscope, some other Chinese made electronic wonder that gives an output to a PC monitor?

I am trying to fit out a Schaublin 102 size lathe for gear cutting and other work. I don't have an Isoma microscope, but lots of people certainly used to use these, and as they are up to £400 second hand it is not a cheap investment.

I picked up an Isoma microscope locally quite cheaply, from a guy that was renting a unit in the old ETA factory, but it turns out this was an optical measuring device that was used for tool setting, and it doesn't have a built in light facility. Basically it is a massively heavy steel plate, and the microscope is moved around with hand wheels like a cross slide.