Waltham Selfwinder Automatic Where Do I Start....

I just purchased a Waltham Selfwinding watch marked B-251K on the inside of the case back. First of all, it is marked 25 Jewel on the face and 17 Jewel on the rotor, which I found odd but its nothing I haven't seen before, and that's where the trouble started.

The watch runs, and runs very well. However, the rotor is wobbly and loose that it contacts the balance wheel at times in its travel. The rotor does not attach with a screw, but rather with a sort of sliding clip. I am no watch repairman, more of a tinkerer who has opened and successfully repaired and maintained a watch or two in my life. I'm beginning to think this might be the wrong rotor, but it appears to be a perfect match, even drops in perfectly, but it is so loose it practically falls out. Ideas anyone?

post-1488-0-30696000-1443930749_thumb.jp

post-1488-0-41639800-1443930794_thumb.jp

Welcome to the forum carlinlusk.

It looks like you have a bit of a dog here. Like you I don't believe the rotor belongs to the watch, and looking at the removed rotor, it looks like there is a broken arbour stuck in the middle of it. I suggest that you identify the movement, by checking the number that is usually under the balance wheel, and then source a doner movement for the correct parts. If you do this, and still require advice, please don't hesitate to ask.

The arbour that the oscillating weight is attached to has completely broken away from the plate. Between the weight and the small wheel that is attached to the weight there is a grove and that long clip pushes into the grove and holds the weight in place. I think it's the right weight even if the jewel numbers are wrong, I can remember many Russian watches saying they had God knows how many jewels, when it came to taking the movement apart many jewels were pressed into the movement and did nothing they were there just for show. The weight looks the right size it has the same finish as the rest of the movement and it looks similar to a Tissot 17 jewelled movement, the only difference that I can see is the clip isn't held in by a screw but a post.

Okay guys, the only markings i can find on the movement are beside the balance wheel. I've taken some extremely close photos so you can better see what I'm looking at and what the markings actually say. I will be the first to admit i know very little about watches to the point that I've never seen one with this type of rotor weight. Thanks for the help so far!

post-1488-0-32398900-1443984572_thumb.jp

post-1488-0-29408800-1443984589_thumb.jp

post-1488-0-92020100-1443984707_thumb.jp

FB 220 movement i think ? Förster 222 movement it says on . Bernard Förster ? If you hurry you can bid on this ?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sammlungsauflosung-Alte-MEISTERANKER-Automatic-HAU-7-/221895072232?hash=item33a9fa19e8

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Foerster_222

Edited by rogart63