I Can Recommend This Dial Refinisher!

DJW

I finished this pocket watch to wristwatch conversion a couple of days ago and wanted to share to all the excellent work that these folks do at International Dial Co. Inc. (I'll ask if Mark would add them to the list of US suppliers)

The charge including return shipping was $52! A bargain based on the results if you ask me! Turn around time was only 10 days!

Also, based on their name, I thought is would be appropriate to introduce them to you guys in the UK and beyond since they do seem to accept work from all over the world....

First pic is of the Pocket watch dial as originally purchased...

post-90-0-40084200-1395768035_thumb.jpg

Second is obviously of it after refinishing...

post-90-0-10897800-1395768036_thumb.jpg

It's not factory perfect, but good enough for me!

• Like 1

A really nice job. I have an old Omega bumper that I've been considering getting done.

Did you stripes in the centre to be horizontal and different font?

The stripes are engraved so I had no say in that matter. The font was their discretion. I just asked foe something Art Deco. But, I'm sure the could do a number of different fonts

But, as I remember now, they can only convert dials using stencils that have a complete 5 and 7 in them. Some are not complete because they are cut off by the subseconds dial. they also have to turn the 9 upside down to print as the "6" as there is no "6" on most pocket watch dials, also because of the sub seconds chapter.

So, quite a bit of work involved for these dial conversions and for not a lot on money!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I just was looking through posts again and ran up on this one. I have used International Dial also with good results. I had my Omega Constellation dial redone and a Longines Conquest and I was happy with each dial. Price was in the $50.00 range including shipping back for each dial. I was going to post pictures of the Omega in the other section of watches you wear but I got side tracked while resizing the pictures and never got it done. One of these days I'll get it done.

Thanks,

Charles K