Table-Top Workbench

hokavan

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to have to "invent" something along these lines for myself. Wish I had more room for a dedicated desk but I don't. I just wonder whether they are wide enough to be comfortable?

I have tried various bits and pieces to find a nice size and find that if my elbows hang off the edges it is not very comfortable, but wider means bigger and as I have said space is an issue. I have come across a cheap Ikea table 55cms square that I could cut the legs down to achieve the correct height. It is actually wider than the ones that Ofrei sell so people must use them. Anyone using a set up like this that could comment?

Here's a link to the table in question http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20011413/#/60111340

Obviously it will need a bit of adaptation but it's a start. I actually already have one of these in the birch effect but will probably get a white one to use. They are surprisingly sturdy but also nice and light.