Waiting For A Movement?

I wonder how you do when you adjust a newly serviced movement? I had a ETA 2781 service yesterday . Adjusted it to almost perfect beat and +1 sec a day . But now when i should send it away to the owner it didn't run so nice . I was about to send it to the owner . So i set it up in my Timegrapher. And now it run 1,1 beat error but almost the same deviation . I adjusted it again to run good 

How do you  do? Do you check the watch after a couple of days .And readjust it ?

It makes me feel bad ? I am so afraid the owner will think i am doing a bad job. Almost a litte OCD  :D

Edited by rogart63

How do you  do? Do you check the watch after a couple of days .And readjust it ?

Hi Roger, that's exactly what I do. I either wear it or have it running on my watch winder for a couple of days.

• Like 1

I do the same as Geo I wear it for a few days. However this is not always practical especially if the band is too small. I now look at all angles i.e. DU/DD etc etc & make sure I have a really good average with priority being the way the watch will normally be worn which is Dial Up or Crown Down. The watch winder is the answer but it's cost over how many watches you are going to repair for customers.

I think it's pretty standard practice to run a freshly serviced movement for two or three days before making any final adjustments. It gives time for the mainspring to cycle through at least one full wind and for everything to settle down. It also allows for any faults in calendar works etc to show up and for everything else to settle down.

• Like 1

Did you adjust the movement before you put it back in the case? 

Had to because it was a front loader .On other watches i do it after i mounted it in the case .Adjust it to run okey and then do the final adjustment in the case . Always tricky with front loader .