Need A Strap For This - Any Suggestions?

Got this for silly money but didn't ask myself why it went that cheap.

2015-08-07%2011.44.53.png

Has a Seiko 7t62 quartz.

Once I got it in my hands, realised why.

Impossible to find original bracelet. [emoji35]

So my question is this...

What strap/band can I get to fit or could one be modified?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2015-08-07%2013.49.18.png

2015-08-07%2013.49.52.png

_3.jpg

Or you could use a normal strap with a cut out held with pressure bars and rivet ends (Tissot rock watch style) or threaded bars with screw ends.

Hmm, I like the idea of threaded bars. Not sure how big the hole is in the lug but I'll take a look tomorrow. Hope its big enough for them.

Thanks [emoji106]

Since Pulsar is basically a "daughter company" of Seiko, using their movements, I would also take a look at Seiko's vast portfolio of watches and parts on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1.A0.H0.Xseiko+7t62.TRS0&_nkw=seiko+7t62&_sacat=0

Edited by GeorgeClarkson

Had a similar problem a while ago with a Seiko & could not get an exact match or extra links. Found real Seiko bands are real pricey so fettled a Cousins one but be careful standard bands are real small & the guy who needed the band had a wrist of 20mm so I had to buy e/large band & this was still a bit tight. 

Whilst on the subject of bands I have had a few times now purchased used watches from the bay with metal straps but they have had all their spare links removed !!!!!!  So now I ask the size before any bidding.

Had a similar problem a while ago with a Seiko & could not get an exact match or extra links. Found real Seiko bands are real pricey so fettled a Cousins one but be careful standard bands are real small & the guy who needed the band had a wrist of 20mm so I had to buy e/large band & this was still a bit tight.

Whilst on the subject of bands I have had a few times now purchased used watches from the bay with metal straps but they have had all their spare links removed !!!!!! So now I ask the size before any bidding.

Tell me about it.

I bought this off a French student on Gumtree for £20 but was one link too small. Cost me another £20 for the link [emoji33]

2015-02-11%2018.41.29.png

Since Pulsar is basically a "daughter company" of Seiko, using their movements, I would also take a look at Seiko's vast portfolio of watches and parts on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1.A0.H0.Xseiko+7t62.TRS0&_nkw=seiko+7t62&_sacat=0

Hi. I have looked all over.

Started from the Seiko service catalogue for the part number. No one stocks or can get a spare bracelet.

Then moved on to all countries on ebay. The problem being, this watch uses a unique bracelet.

Ive now ordered a rubber strap to be modified. Then will go with Blacklabs suggestion of threaded pins with screw heads if I can find some thin enough. If not, might have to ream out the holes a bit.

Edited by ro63rto

Here's a thought.

It has a Seiko 7T62 in it right? Well you could pick up a fixer-upper seiko for silly money and have a nice wearable watch...

Heres one on eb@y now...admittedly the crystal is pretty scratched up but on the plus side it looks like it has a nice long band! Looks like it has screw-down pushers as well.. this is a nice feature... pretty Breitling'esque'!

$_57.JPG

To be honest, unless you really WANT a Pulsar..this would be the way to go.

Link to the ebay listing..buy-it-now at USD40, starting at USD9.5.. no takers yet, and I'd bet the only takers would be those after the case and band as its too much trouble to fix it if its gone wrong..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/seiko-7t62-0Eb0-/271965653562?hash=item3f526a8a3a

Anil

Here's a thought.

It has a Seiko 7T62 in it right? Well you could pick up a fixer-upper seiko for silly money and have a nice wearable watch...

Heres one on eb@y now...admittedly the crystal is pretty scratched up but on the plus side it looks like it has a nice long band! Looks like it has screw-down pushers as well.. this is a nice feature... pretty Breitling'esque'!

$_57.JPG

Link to the ebay listing..buy-it-now at USD40, starting at USD9.5.. no takers yet, and I'd bet the only takers would be those after the case and band as its too much trouble to fix it if its gone wrong..

Anil

Looking at the watch I would consider changing the crystal as it could be a nice watch. Straps are a problem with a lot of sellers removing all the extra links from watches before selling then selling the links.

Here's a thought.

$_57.JPG

Anil

I emailed seller if they'd reconsider sending internationally.

No answer [emoji20]

Ends in 15mins.

Would have been a nice project.