Newbie To The Hobby

melissamp99

Greetings and Welcome!

If you go to the forum web page you'll find a tab at the top labeled Resources. Under Resources there is a selection for parts and tool suppliers, with entries grouped by country. Usually (not always) you can purchase locally, and avoid international shipping charges and delay.

As for tools, my opinion is to get a really good set of screwdrivers. You won't get very far without them. Which ones you say? Well, I'm still trying to figure that out myself, so someone else will have to chime in on that topic  :)

Cheers!

David S - who is spending the day screwing around

Hi melissamp99.  Like you, I'm a beginner. I buy most of my tools from either Time Savers near where I live to save on shipping or from Esslinger.com. I bought the middle price set and have been very please with them. Here is a link: http://www.esslinger.com/screwdriver-set-in-wooden-box-9-piece-kit-watch-and-jewelry/ Before I buy from Esslinger's I shop around for the beat price. Hope this helps. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi melissamp99,

There is good advise here so I just add my two cents: buy good, proven  quality tools even if they seem too expensive. The reason is that if you buy cheap ones you will end up buying the expensive ones anyway (cheap fail and/or ruin your work). It would be a waist of money, time and resources then...believe me, I've been there and done that! :)

Cheers,

Bob