Opening A Fortis Color For Batery Replacement?????

Men

I tried, rotation, caseback knifes, self-made caseback tool, almost brute-force but can get this thing open....

Anybody experienced the same challenge and willing to provide the golden tip?

I really would appreciate your feedback. I opened a lot if cases but this thing is driving me crazy!

There known for being a pop out watch. I would think the movement comes out from the front, look at the glass and see if you can take it out, you could pull the stem and see if that is a two piece, but be careful you don't want to break anything. You might like to wait for others to post there views as many on here  are repairing watches such as these modern ones. I have been retired for many years so I'm out of touch when to comes to modern types.  

I tried, rotation, caseback knifes, self-made caseback tool, almost brute-force but can get this thing open....

I really would appreciate your feedback. I opened a lot if cases but this thing is driving me crazy!

Is this the watch (see pic)

post-234-0-49605300-1439987049.png

It looks like a snap back but I have never worked on one so others here might have.

Are you Broker on IWL?

You'll need a hammer and a sharp pen knife if the snap back is too tight. Position the edge of the blade in the notch of the back case, then tap the back of the blade with a hammer. You'll need a helper to do the tapping while you position the knife with one hand and holding the watch with another. Tap with moderate force and increase the force if necessary. As the hammer hit the blade, coordinate with a slight prying action will help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

DON"T too much heat will destroy the electronics. There are vids on youtube how to also I think Mark has done a vid on snap backs just use a knife case opener but be careful not to slip & scratch the case back.

65 C will impossible damage the electronics. By the way..as I mentioned before this is not a walk in the park snap back ...

No, I'm not but have seen the question and all the answers....without a solution. That's why I dropped the question ... looks like a typical problem for this type. This is the first time In run into a watch I cant open. Regarding the fact this is a customers watch I want to keep it undamaged. Hammers and more brute-force are not the solution I think.

• 4 years later...

I have five of these quartz date watches, and three cases (two for 20mm bands, one for 18mm), they are Called FORTIS CONTAINER SYSTEM , because you can use different watch bodies in the steel case (container) attached to the wrist band.

All of them have Water Resistance 50 Meters, so if you open them without the proper tools and expertise, you might damage their water tightness or worse.

If you don't use it for a longer time, you can pull the crown out, as when you set the time, that way the watch is stopped, and the battery is not drained. I did that with three of them over ten years.

The FORTIS Product IDs: 560.10.132 and 560.20.132 .