Careers As A Watchmaker In 2015

Hello all, this is Christopher from Canada. I'm new to the site. 

I have some questions for watchmakers about the industry if that's alright. I would like to become a watchmaker in the future and have a lot of passion for mechanical/automatic movements. Mechs/Autos have souls, I swear! I would like to combine this passion with a career choice. Supporting myself and family financially is important for me. 

What are the salaries for starter watchmakers out of school? Are apprenticeships available right away? What about salaries later in careers? I am in Canada and would attend the only school in the country...Ecole Horologie in Quebec. Are credentials earned there well known? Would they be valid for companies to hire me? Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you. 

Best Regards, 

Christopher Yates 

Welcome to the forum, Christopher. I couldn't answer your question myself - being an amateur from the UK - but we do have Canadian members, and all types of members from amateur to professional who, I'm sure, will be able to help you.

Cheers,

Will