Waterproof A Flush Post Crown?

Hi everyone.  A bit of a puzzle. I know there's probably a straightforward answer to this... 

I have a Victorinox Swiss Army Officer's 1884 - 24709.  I need to understand...  How do I waterproof when the crown is pushed in?  It appears to have a flush post crown which the stem screws directly into.  However the case tube is also flush with the case.  The stem has some wiggle in it when attached as if something is missing.  However looking from the inside there doesn't appear to be any evidence of a gasket.

Has anyone seen this type of setup, or know what may be amiss?  I would prefer to keep the crown if at all possible.  Otherwise I would replace the case tube with a generic screw-down crown but that's really a last resort.

See attached pics.

Thanks!

-A

post-1340-0-26493500-1439169451_thumb.jp

post-1340-0-02316200-1439169459_thumb.jp

post-1340-0-53903800-1439169467_thumb.jp

post-1340-0-79706500-1439169476_thumb.jp

Hi Adam, it's not a watch that I have worked on personally, but looking at it I think the pendant tube has broken flush with the case and half of the tube is jammed in the crown. If this is the case, you will have to remove the broken parts and fit a new tube. Hopefully you will be able to get the broken part out of the crown to allow you to re-use it.

This is my take on it, hopefully someone else can confirm or not.

Hi Adam, it's not a watch that I have worked on personally, but looking at it I think the pendant tube has broken flush with the case and half of the tube is jammed in the crown. If this is the case, you will have to remove the broken parts and fit a new tube. Hopefully you will be able to get the broken part out of the crown to allow you to re-use it.

This is my take on it, hopefully someone else can confirm or not.

That's what I think has happened. If so they can be sods to get out of the button.

It did not even occur to me that a portion of the tube was broken and stuck in the crown.  Looking at the pictures now, I can see what you're saying.  I'll have to take it apart again and look at it more closely.    It's a screw-in stem, so hopefully I can take the stem off first and then convince the broken piece to come out.

Hopefully I can find a tube that will match.  Anyone have any Victorinox repair manuals for this sort of watch?  I'd at least like to track down the specs.

Thanks everyone!

-A