Seiko 7619...

A friend of mine that sells goods at the swap meet told me that he had 3 watches that weren't working and asked me to take a look .

They were a Seiko Kinetic , a Citizen Eco-Drive , and this Seiko 5 Sportsmatic Deluxe 25 jewel automatic from March 1966 .

The Kinetic and Eco-drive were power problems but the automatic was stuck , ...the balance would swing when the watch was shaken but no movement from the drive train . There is a regular crown for setting and a push button that I didn't know the purpose of . Both the crown/stem and push button were rusted stuck . I found out that this model has a hacking feature that stopped the center wheel via the crown/stem and because the crown was in the setting position , the hack was engaged  holding the gear train in position although  the balance was free .  The push button changed the date wheel when pushed....if it wasn't rusted .

I also found out that I could not get the tech manual for this caliber , but a member from another forum sent me the tech Info from a  Caliber 7606....which is close but not the same .

I told my friend that I would fix the Kinetic and Eco-Drive at my cost if I could keep the automatic and he had no problem agreeing to this arrangement .  I installed a new capacitor in the Kinetic and it was happy , and I left the Eco-drive in a sunny place for more than 16 hours ...and it was happy .

I removed the movement from the automatic and and let the parts sit in a bicarbonate of soda and water solution for a couple of days alternating with a spa treatment in the ultra-sonic to take care of the rust problem . The small cir-clip on the pusher was toast , and after searching for one on the Bay with no luck , I was able to rob one from a Seiko 7T32 chrono that's now a donor .

A service on the movement and a very light buff of the case and bezel , a light polish of the case , bezel , case back and crystal and now this puppy's Happy .    :thumbsu:

post-808-0-02098000-1439095344_thumb.jpg

post-808-0-80546400-1439095361_thumb.jpg

post-808-0-47081800-1439095378_thumb.jpg

post-808-0-80417100-1439095398_thumb.jpg

post-808-0-86065600-1439095411_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Oh that's a nice piece, well worth the effort.

I've been working on some scrap Seiko movements for practice lately, and it's deepened my love for the brand, made well, with a design that's really nice to work on, specifically the click springs and calendar jump springs, really watchmaker friendly, they don't fly off to the moon if you're not careful. 

Edited by Ishima
  • Like 1

Nice work, what's the translation of the writing on the caseback?

I have a slightly older sibling, a 7619-7010 from September 1965 (with the obligatory rattly rotor):

post-80-0-33627500-1439144029_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-38314000-1439144052_thumb.jpg

Sorry didn't notice your request on the other site or I could have sent you this:

Seiko 7619A.pdf

bit late in the day & its only the parts list.

Edited by Blacklab
  • Like 2

I have a slightly older sibling, a 7619-7010 from September 1965 (with the obligatory rattly rotor):

attachicon.gif20150809_190113 r.jpg

attachicon.gif20150809_190147 r.jpg

Sorry didn't notice your request on the other site or I could have sent you this:

attachicon.gifSeiko 7619A.pdf

Thank You for the PDF Blacklab.It's hard to get tech info on this caliber it seems ... I don't know what the inscription on the back is yet  . I often talk to a seller at the swap meet that's originally from Japan and I can ask her next week .

Oh that's a nice piece, well worth the effort.

I've been working on some scrap Seiko movements for practice lately, and it's deepened my love for the brand, made well, with a design that's really nice to work on, specifically the click springs and calendar jump springs, really watchmaker friendly, they don't fly off to the moon if you're not careful. 

Hi Ishima , heres a Seiko site to check out .

post-808-0-02216100-1439174689_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

attachicon.gif20150809_190113 r.jpg

attachicon.gif20150809_190147 r.jpg

attachicon.gifSeiko 7619A.pdf

Aloha blacklab , Sorry It took so Long to answer your question on the inscription . The Japanese Lady at the swap meet translated as best as she could . She had trouble describing Japanese words into English . 

Baisically it was a presentation watch to an employee of a Japanese railroad company. I will see if I can get a more definitive answer from someone . I'm working on a project at the Ilikai Hotel in Waikiki and there are lots of shops that cater to Japanese tourists .

• 1 year later...

7619A.pdf

7619 #2.jpg

7619 #1.jpg

1 hour ago, Monk said:

Good evening,

I have just acquired one 7619-7010 and I am in search of information about the movement. The PDF file does not seem any more available, would have you a copy.

PS: sorry for me english, i'm French

Aloha Monk  ,

Here is what was in the PDF file . It's just a parts list . It says that the basic caliber is the 7625A .

Sorry I don't have any more info .  As I take the watch apart I take plenty of pictures and I use an ice cube tray to put the separate parts in with their respective screws so I don't mix them up .

I've attached some Seiko tech sheets for your reference .

http://www.thewatchsite.com/14-user-manual-technical-manual-casing-guide-downloads/15-seiko-calibers-technical-repair-manuals.html

• Like 1

• 1 month later...