First Ever Repair

bparks

Greetings! Just joined the forum and completed my first ever overhaul. It's a little vintage Waltham mechanical, circa 1960's to my understanding. Certainly nothing very valuable dollar-wise, but being my first successful overhaul I'm proud of it. :-) When it arrived the old oil had it so gunked up nothing would even move. A good thorough cleaning and a little fresh oil and she's ticking beautifully!

de86e81b9584ef50b867d7c599480b63.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tidy job you done with your first overhaul Brian, many thanks for sharing. If you have pictures of the overhaul, it would be great to share these as well as It may help others. There are a lot of us on here that like studying the detail in different movements. :)

It was certainly an odd one to work on, everything from the mainspring size (1.28mm wide?), to the assembly for the hairspring, one of the gears actually sits directly between the hairspring and its pallet, ever seen anything like that? I have more photos on the way of further disassembly.