Cool looking tool but what is it.

3 minutes ago, rossjackson01 said:

Hello watch peeps, does anyone have a clue to what this nifty looking gadget is ?

Easy correct answer from me - What ever it is, I can't afford it.  Out of my league. Hee hee.

Haha Ross how the devil are you ? Hope you had a good trip away. So i cant either I spent 3 months budget last month.

17 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

How about a clarification of the word angle? We are currently looking downward which is not overly helpful. Sideways and at least two different locations with a bonus of can we see the bottom.

Ill post all the photos from the sale if they are still listed. It has actually sold now, but im still curious.

12 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Ill post all the photos from the sale if they are still listed. It has actually sold now, but im still curious.

I must have deleted the listing 😔

17 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

How about a clarification of the word angle? We are currently looking downward which is not overly helpful. Sideways and at least two different locations with a bonus of can we see the bottom.

There is a side picture at the beginning of my post. The spindle in the headstock doesn't look like it would connect or support anything. Then again it maybe shouldn't even be there ?

Do-Hicky = Whatcha McCallit

On a serious note ....ish.

Being away for a short time, and it being my 75th today, means that I have a few pence left. I have purchased my last ebay items for the foreseeable future .  An eye loupe, so I can use the microscope better. A 3 oiler pot that has closing lids, sick of hairs. 2 watches which I made silly offers on and amazingly they were accepted (I'll post photos when they arrive) 1. Vintage Angel 15 Rubis Antimagnetic Molla Infrangibile. 2. RARE DOXA wristwatch with Synchron cal. 41 (ETA cal. 2750) from 1960’s.

Time to get serious with the hobby me-thinks.

Ross

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, rossjackson01 said:

Do-Hicky = Whatcha McCallit

On a serious note ....ish.

Being away for a short time, and it being my 75th today, means that I have a few pence left. I have purchased my last ebay items for the foreseeable future .  An eye loupe, so I can use the microscope better. A 3 oiler pot that has closing lids, sick of hairs. 2 watches which I made silly offers on and amazingly they were accepted (I'll post photos when they arrive) 1. Vintage Angel 15 Rubis Antimagnetic Molla Infrangibile. 2. RARE DOXA wristwatch with Synchron cal. 41 (ETA cal. 2750) from 1960’s.

Time to get serious with the hobby me-thinks.

Ross

Nice i love the old 40s and 50s Doxa dials. Trivia coming up the great underwater filmographer Jacques Cousteau was a big fan of the Doxa 300T diver. In fact he had input into its design and the distinctive orange dial which was claimed to be the best colour visually underwater. That also housed an ETA movement and being released in 1967 the year i was born is my grail diver's watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomh207 said:

Do a done testing in a Swiss lake and determined that orange was the best colour for a dive watch dial.

so the story goes, they were used extensively by the Cousteau dive teams.

Tom

If its good enough for Jacques its good enough for me.  The old boy kept me well entertained when i was a kid. 🤔( please please dont even go there Tom , you know it will be very wrong ).  

1 hour ago, rossjackson01 said:

Found a way to make jpg

Here they are. The watches I have obtained and will be my projects

Angel 15 rubis Molla Infrangible.jpg

Doxa -eta 2750.jpg

Very nice Ross, the Doxa dial is a little modern for me but the Angel has decade earlier look about it and the brand sign is really nice.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rossjackson01.

Why are you posting about your watches on this thread? It was started by our member  Neverenoughwatches asking about a tool, he was asking if anyone know what it was and it use.

If you want to post photos of your watches start a new thread do not hijack other members.

Edited by oldhippy

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

rossjackson01.

Why are you posting about your watches on this thread? It was started by our member  Neverenoughwatches asking about a tool, he was asking if anyone know what it was and it use.

If you want to post photos of your watches start a new thread do not hijack other members.

Will do. Sorry

Can a moderator please delete my input on this thread.

Thank you

Edited by rossjackson01