Hi all,

If anybody could help me with pointing me to the right site where I could download a Technical repair guide for the Seiko quartz 6N52, I would very appreciate it. I need to find a stem for this type of watch, but unfortunatelly when I bought it on Cousins UK, as it stated under the description, it is for this type, it didn’t fit as it was to small and it didn’t do the job. All parts have their own number, which I think the only option is through looking at a Technical guide I suppose? Thank you!

Hi,

Yes, I got this one. I could put it in, but as it seems to be too thin I suppose. It did click in but hands did not want to move. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, or there should be different one for this model. No clue. I’m new to this. 

Thank you for your response!

Ian

Just now, IanB said:

Hi,

Yes, I got this one. I could put it in, but as it seems to be too thin I suppose. It did click in but hands did not want to move. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, or there should be different one for this model. No clue. I’m new to this. 

Thank you for your response!

Ian

Sorry without having it in hand and seeing it myself I don’t think I can help you more. The only suggestion I have is that the keyless works are out of place/loose which might give you those symptoms. Maybe pictures would help us to help you?

Tom

11 hours ago, IanB said:

I think it would be helpful if you gave us a better description of why you need a new stem?

the reason I'm asking is from the description sounds like you're having a problem beyond the stem. In other words you may have to disassemble and see why the stem is not doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Hi,

thank you for your reply. I’ve uploaded some of the images of this particular watch. I hope that helps to get the general idea. I’m no expert on this. Could’t do any better. Probably I would need to dissasemble the movement to get more info about what might be the issue here? Thanks!

IMG_4295.jpeg

IMG_4294.jpeg

IMG_4293.jpeg

IMG_4291.jpeg

IMG_4289.jpeg

Not much information seems to be available for this movement. Can't find any technical or replacement movements.

But the first two links talk about the movements themselves. The reason for the 53 is you get down to the comments they suggest an alternative but they're not sure. You'd have to look at the specifications of the movement you have versus the suggestion of alternative. The alternative comes from basically the OEM division of Seiko. So that their suggestion third link would be the replacement movement and I've attached the PDF of the manual for that. Probably the easy way to tell is see if the stems of the same but the manual may be close enough to help you with yours but based on the cost the movement and the probably better just to get a new movements unless you just want the fun of taking it apart.

https://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-6n52/

https://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-6n53/

https://www.jewelerssupplies.com/hattori-vj53-MVJ53.html

VJ52_TG.pdf