Identification - Viceroy/Symbol 10 1/2 ligne movement

Hi guys

Trying to adapt a little 10 1/2 ligne movement I have. The dial says Viceroy and front of main plate says (Symbol) in a triangle logo. 

No markings under the balance. 

It requires a new balance staff but I can't purchase one until I know what I have 🙂

Normally ranfft is helpful but I'm drawing a blank. Can anyone take a look at the pictures please. 

Cheers

16847178913743021272978750426877.jpg

16847179060986461102584220522993.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The pinions are luckily quite crisp in the teeth and so on. The stem thread got a little thinner after scraping the rust away but seems to be strong enough in construction. 
    • Good news. Pinons don't look too bad from the photos do you think they're re-useable? 
    • Thank you so much for the warm welcome! And even a fellow Norwegian ❤️  I already love this forum!  My first and only little project so far was a Seiko KZ211K1 / Landshark / Atlas 7s36 movement. I have a friend who is a real watchmaker and he told me this was a pretty bad decision for a starter movement, but now I have already dissembled it so its no way back Im afraid. One of the first screws I ran into was so small you have to use a custom screwdriver from Seiko or make one yourself of your smallest one. That felt like to big of a challenge on my first hour... but I somehow managed to get it done, and It felt so good!  Next step now is cleaning. I have tried to learn what chemicals to use, but I understand this is a somewhat complicated subject. And we seem to have pretty strict rules in Norway so a lot of the brands and chemicals I see online are impossible to find.  I think I will start with IPA which I already bought, and maybe buy Zippo Lighter Fluid? Honestly, this movement looks so clean, which was somewhat of a disappointment. The movement would probably be a lot better off If I had just let it be. But at least now I can learn some stuff.  A few things i learned: -I loved working on these small things.  -The parts were a lot smaller than they looked on youtube 😉  -I need to focus on taking my time. I was rushing and making mistakes because of it. Cant wait to find another evening to work and learn! 
    • Thnx. It looks like the Ukrainian "master watchmaker" performed his miracles on this one with a can of wd40. It should be easy to make improvements..
    • Oh I didnt read your latest comment but guess what.. I managed to pull the stem out with some force and a "stem-holder". I began with soaking it in vinegar up to couple of hours which didnt work that much. But thanks for the creative tips with heat/cold and tapping. Now I know that in another case🙏