Hi from Staffordshire

AJRF

Hello,

I'm a new member, and very happy to know that there is this forum for horology enthusiasts.

I have two enquiries, the first being where I might find a replacementmineral crystala plus gasket for a Timex Marlin automatic wristwatch?

The second being are there any particular difficluties associated with renovating an old Scottish longcase clock mechanism which uses wooden frame plates?

All the best,

Andy

2 hours ago, AJRF said:

Hello,

I'm a new member, and very happy to know that there is this forum for horology enthusiasts.

I have two enquiries, the first being where I might find a replacementmineral crystala plus gasket for a Timex Marlin automatic wristwatch?

The second being are there any particular difficluties associated with renovating an old Scottish longcase clock mechanism which uses wooden frame plates?

All the best,

Andy

Hi Andy, welcome to wrt.

Timex parts are as rare as condor eggs. I'll tag our resident Timex expert, @JerseyMo so he'll reach out to you.

As for all clock questions, there's no better person than @oldhippy.

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

Can you take some clear photos of the clock please, dial, case and plenty of the movement.  Weights and pendulum. Before I can give advice I need to know what I'm giving advice on.