I wonder if anyone can help, I am servicing a Longines Cal 280 and I took apart the mainspring and cleaned. I thin learned that it was a sealed unit and would not go back together. I ordered a new barrel from eBay but the one that arrived does not have the cut outs for the T on the mainspring and I can hear it slipping when I try to wind it. Does anyone know where I can find a barrel complete with spring? Is there an equivalent cal which has a common mainspring/barrel?

I've attached the parts list in case you need that. the parts list is interesting because it looks like the barrel says that sealed but the arbors available the mainspring was available separately so obviously it's not really a sealed barrel it was meant to come apart.

then I will parts listing you can see when things are compatible with whatever but it does look like the barrel was actually meant to come apart because their separate components.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=LON_280

1559_Longines 280.pdf

• Thanks 1