Wyler Incaflex Navigator - Movement?

Hi All

I purchased a watch on eBay, which whenever I do I am always curious as to whether I am bidding against anyone on here or alternatively considering that some of you are avoiding the one I buy!  Ah well, needs must when the devil drives! Anyhoo, as described by the seller - is it missing the stem and crown and the back would not come off - so essentially sight unseen.  Given the stem tube is open - who knows!

But I was curious if anyone has any idea what movement this one 'might have' before I unseal it!  I also can't get the back off as there is corrosion.  Case knife (one sharp one standard) are ineffective. I have a case opening tool on the way (with the four sliding wedges). Any idea on vintage would also be appreciated - I don't think its that old. Obviously the 2022 on the case back is a red herring.

Wyler Incaflex Navigator

Here are a few pics from the eBay listing.  I have polished the crystal - came up great... could all be for nothing, regardless - it WILL be my first case to be Nickel Plated 😉 

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by Jonno65
Usual spelling erros and additional comment!

If it's a Wyler, there's a chance that it is a front-loader.  I've worked on a couple of those. I would remove the bezel and crystal and see if the movement comes out the front.
If not, then perhaps the back is difficult.  Goodness knows, I thought my Glycine Compressor was practically impossible to open until I learned just the right spot to insert a slender knife blade.  I'm not opening that one again for another five years, thank heaven.
As to bidding against one of us unawares, that can happen.  I'm sure most of us here understand it goes with the territory.  Heck, if what you're bidding on is an old American pocket watch, you might be bidding against me, among others.  Well, even if it is Swiss or English or German, I might still be among the other bidders.  We can wish each other luck and hope for the best.  🙂

Edited by KarlvonKoln
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Wyler Incaflex Navigator watch you purchased on eBay appears to have some issues, including a missing stem and crown and a corroded back. Unfortunately, without opening the watch, it is difficult to determine the exact movement it contains. You mentioned that the stem tube is open, indicating that the movement may have been exposed to the elements. To open the watch, you have ordered a case opening tool with four sliding wedges, which should help in accessing the movement. As for the vintage of the watch, based on the information provided, it is challenging to determine its age accurately. The 2022 marking on the case back is likely not indicative of the watch's actual production year. It's important to note that any attempts to restore the watch, such as nickel plating, may or may not yield successful results, given its current condition.