Seiko 6R35 winding stem

Hello! I recently dropped my Seiko SPB 143 and the seconds hand became mis-aligned. I was able to realign it, but I noticed the crown stem was a little bit looser than I remembered prior to the fall. As I inspected it I accidentally broke the most distal tip from the stem. This was broken outside of the case. As much as I can tell, this secures the winding stem into the main plate. However the watch has been running fine and still moves into its 2 positions fine. I am wondering if kicking the can and continuing to wear it will do any harm. I am trying to source another winding stem but it seems the original crown is locked to the winding stem. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated! I have attached a picture of a generic winding stem to show where the issue is. 

00F299FB-5BEC-4CFA-8A2F-F11357584DF5.jpeg

For the new stem look for Seiko NH35 stem, this is the same as the 4R35 movement but sold to micro brands by seiko. Crowns are normally set on the stem with loctite or similar, grip the old stem with a pin vice, gently heat the crown with a soldering iron and it should soften the threadlocker so you can unscrew the crown and with the pin vice you have much better purchase on the stem.

Tom