First (conventional) automatic

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to share the first conventional automatic I have worked on. Previous to this I had serviced a cyma bumper auto movement.

I picked this up at the local flea market for a bargain of $10. It has an AS 1361N inside, and needed a new setting lever spring which I found on eBay. The auto weight reads Shriro watch inc. 

Marshall from wristwatch revival had done a watch with the same movement inside and it looked like it had been dunked in oil - funnily enough, mine looked the exact same, with pools of oil inside. One missing screw on the automatic bridge but I found this further inside the movement.

This is also the first movement where I’ve had to use my smallest screwdriver. The 3.5x lens on my visor just doesn’t my cut it for me in those situations. 

Reused the crystal after sanding it - couple small marks I could not get rid of (one inside and one out).  Bezel had a dent that I put back right at 6:00 to make it more of a ‘feature’.

I’m pleased with the end result, the overall cost and this was a confidence builder to move on to more automatics.

Have a good day all. 

70521707-95BB-4B80-8A39-3BA6040AFF82.jpeg

58422DD1-119C-42FA-8F3F-DD3C25C4605A.jpeg

33437633-2473-4DE4-BE83-7C06771C6374.jpeg

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Charette said:

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to share the first conventional automatic I have worked on. Previous to this I had serviced a cyma bumper auto movement.

I picked this up at the local flea market for a bargain of $10. It has an AS 1361N inside, and needed a new setting lever spring which I found on eBay. The auto weight reads Shriro watch inc. 

Marshall from wristwatch revival had done a watch with the same movement inside and it looked like it had been dunked in oil - funnily enough, mine looked the exact same, with pools of oil inside. One missing screw on the automatic bridge but I found this further inside the movement.

This is also the first movement where I’ve had to use my smallest screwdriver. The 3.5x lens on my visor just doesn’t my cut it for me in those situations. 

Reused the crystal after sanding it - couple small marks I could not get rid of (one inside and one out).  Bezel had a dent that I put back right at 6:00 to make it more of a ‘feature’.

I’m pleased with the end result, the overall cost and this was a confidence builder to move on to more automatics.

Have a good day all. 

70521707-95BB-4B80-8A39-3BA6040AFF82.jpeg

58422DD1-119C-42FA-8F3F-DD3C25C4605A.jpeg

33437633-2473-4DE4-BE83-7C06771C6374.jpeg

Fantastic job, you should be really proud. 

• Like 1